Glock Trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AA11285, Feb 16, 2010.

1. AA11285

AA11285

I shot a 1911 for the first time not too long ago, and....WOW. I understand what all the hype is about. I really, really enjoyed the trigger and when I compared it to my Glock's....well, it wasn't even close. The 1911 has such a short, crisp, clean trigger pull..while the Glock trigger pull is rougher and almost violent when pulled. My question is....what modification, or combination of mods can get the Glock as close to that 1911 trigger as possible? I know it'll never be as good as the 1911 design, as it is inherently simpler, but theres gotta be a way to improve the Glock trigger drastically, right? Thanks

2. D445547

D445547

Certainly, 25 cent trigger job, 3.5 lb connector plus this that an the other thing. Will a Glock feel like a 1911 trigger-wise? Never. That is the difference between single and double action only. :wavey:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010

3. AustinTx

AustinTx

Every ounce that you decrease that Glock's trigger pull, increases the chance that something, other than your finger will get in the trigger guard and cause the gun to fire. Learn to shoot the stock Glock, please.

4. Bones507

Bones507

I picked up a Colt Govt model a few weeks ago and know exactly what youre talking about. What i did to my G-21 was put in a 3.5 connector, polished up a few things and added a reduced power firing pin spring, now i only use this gun at the range. If i was going to carry it, i would put in the original spring. But the things i did to it are enough to shoot it well and i dont feel the need to go any further, gun shoots great.
    You can get the spring and connector from Lone Wolf.

5. 18jms

18jms I love Guns

Facepalm..... I carry my glock with a #4 spring 3.5 lb connector It dosen't just magically go off.

6. Singlestack Wonder

Singlestack Wonder

Proven fact....Under the stress of a life threatening situation, pistols with light triggers have been shown to increase the possibility of accidental discharges. It has happened many times. If your are going to carry a pistol for self defense, I highly suggest that you attend a training class with a well established tactical instructor (i.e. Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathorn, or any of the many quality schools out there). You will find that with practice, you can shoot just as well with a 5.5# trigger as a 2# trigger.

As far as 1911 triggers being better....no, just different.

7. JBP55

JBP55

Contact Charlie Vanek at Vanek Triggers.

8. mteagle1

mteagle1

USPSA/IPSC is not really a life threating situation but we run around with guns with 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 trigger pulls and have a very low occurrance of accidential discharges. Usually when reloading with a finger on the trigger. Police have more accidental discharges than the civilian population but the news media climbs all over a civilian discharge. Sure the gun schools are nice but not every one can afford $2,000 before they start carrying a gun. Maybe the NYPD should send their officers to those schools so they wouldn't need a NY1 or NY2 trigger spring.

9. 125K9

125K9

Gees, just to think that one of the reasons I went BACK to Glock was for the trigger! The stock Glock trigger is so much better than my high end pistols, which I won't name. Also, the NY trigger spring was an "across the board" decision made by the "higher-ups."

10. NightSleeper

NightSleeper

apples to oranges ... SA vs. DA. Yes, you can get a 3.5lbs connector for it, but it will always be a DA pistol.

11. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

I'm guessing none of those "High End Pistol" are 1911's.

12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

A Glock trigger is not even in the same universe as a "high end pistol",...ie 1911, HK, FNH, Steyr........
    It is, however, better than a Taurus!

Everyone has their opinions and specific likes, when it comes to triggers.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  13. HoldHard

HoldHard

Anybody ever hear of the technique nicknamed 'catching the hook'?

HH

14. cciman

cciman

It is NOT better than a Taurus. I have 2 newer Taurus guns (1 SA 1911, and 1 DA/SA PT92), and they have VERY smooth triggers. The several Taurus 24/7/OSS I have handled in gun stores also seemed to have very smooth triggers.

No one buys Glock for the "trigger pull". It is what it is with the characteristic Glock trigger--you have to live with it. I personally like it for combat.

BTW, did you get the trigger bar, I sent you?

15. bac1023

bac1023

You must own some crappy "high end" pistols. :rofl:

16. Glock+2

Glock+2

Only if you are very careless:dunno:

....trigger polish job .25 up to a bucks worth
    ....3.5# connector
    ....6# trigger spring

this is SAFE and makes a Glock trigger much better

17. NAPCOTPE

NAPCOTPE

+1

I run this exact setup on my G17, and I am very happy with it. I tried the 8# N.Y. trigger spring with the 3.5# connector, and did not like it. I like the 3.5/6 so much that I will do it on any future GLOCK purchases.

Whether you have a 3# or a 5# connector, if you are not ready to shoot, DON'T PUT YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER.

18. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

:rofl::rofl::supergrin:

19. 125K9

125K9

Hey folks, I own some nice pistols. I"m certainly not one to brag so I'll just say they're nice and leave it as that. I THOUGHT this was a Glock board and that you all were satisfied with your pistols? I personally find no problem with the Glock trigger and just wish some of my other pistols had a trigger as predictable as a Glock.
    As one of the other posters said, comparing a Glock's trigger to a nice 1911 is like apples to oranges. That's why I'm not comparing it to my two 1911's, just some of the others. None of which are Taurus, although I"m sure they're very good pistols.
    So, if you don't like your Glock's trigger, well, it's your pistol to like or not. Personally, I do.

20. bac1023

bac1023

OK then :wavey: