Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am going to get slammed for this by other fellow glockers cause virtually almost all glockers are against an external safety. I am one of the few who wanted an external safety. I have had the siderlock on my g26 for about a year now and love it. I would highly recommend it. I found out about it by
a marine officer who had it on his at a gun show , so I had it installed on my g26 by a glock armorer while there , but I get harassed a ton because of it but I love having an external safety on mine.

·
Banned
2,733 Posts
People will scrutinize this suggestion as well, but have you considered the Saf-T-Blok? It's a small piece of plastic that fits behind the trigger preventing it from being pulled, and pops out easily. Costs about $15 and requires no modification to the gun. Just a thought.

http://members.aol.com/saftblok/

·
Registered
433 Posts
Saf-t-block sounds like a good option also. I decided to get a safety when the string that goes around the bottom of my hooded sweat shirt snagged the trigger while holstering and scared the crap out of me. I thought about taking the string out but it made the sweat shirt to big plus I would of had to take the string out of a few more articles of clothing then I really wanted to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After a lot of research trying to find my first CCW, I chose the glock 19 precisely because it did NOT have an external safety. I am left handed, and many (but not all) external safeties favor a right handed person. Plus, under the stress of a life-threatening situation, I did not want to have to remember to take the safety off.

I still like my glock but have been carrying a ruger sp101 spurless hammer .357 in a CTAC IWB holster. Again, I bought it because it is extremely simple - pull the trigger and the gun goes bang - and because there is no external safety.

When I first got the glock, I did not carry it chamber-loaded, and there are scenarios where the noise of racking a slide might bring unwanted attention from a BG and cause me to give up an element of suprise - that's why I went to the Ruger.

I also thought the ruger might conceal better with a shirt tucked in over it.

I am not worried about accidently firing a chamber loaded glock, I just didn't want the springs to be under constant tension.

I think both a glock or the ruger revolver make excellent carry choices.:wavey:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been looking into one also, i was gonna use this Glock as my Police Academy firearm, but i just broke my ankle "RIGHT BEFORE MY PHYSICAL ENTRANCE EXAM" :( so i have to wait it out till the next open class which is in Feb 09. :(

So has anyone here tried this product out yet?

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you feel you need it then go ahead and get it. I personally believe that the three Glock safeties are sufficient. In the heat of the moment your fine motor skills go. Will you be able to press that little button?

I would rather just pull the trigger.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is a solution to a non-existant problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have used the Saf-T-Blok and found it to work very well. It's easy to use and as already stated above no gunsmithing is required to install it and it pops out in an instant when you need it to. I agree with the S.T.A.R though...your brain is your safety. All the precautions are useless if you are careless.

·
Florist
20,003 Posts
It is absoultely a solution to a non-existing problem. But as most posters have said, if you feel the need for one, then go ahead and have it installed. It's like getting a tatoo. Once you get it, you can't get rid of it.

Might I suggest considering the XD, which I read somewhere will begin adding some sort of thumb safety in addition to their other safties (I believe XD will sell the thumb safety as an option).

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the siderlock on my g26 and find it to be an excellent product. I admit your biggest safety is between your ears. I practice drawing and pushing the button to disengage the safety quite often and feel very comfortable with it right now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Also you can remove the safety by re-installing the factory trigger , the siderlock is not permanent cause you can remove whenever you want. The cominelli I dont like because it requires cutting a groove in the slide which the siderlock doesnt require any permanent alterations to the gun at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts