close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock trigger safety broke?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glockrod, Feb 17, 2007.

1. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

Took my G26 off my side when coming in this evening, and saw something out of place. I dont know if its broke or if I have just never noticed it do this. None of my other Glocks do it.

My terminology is horrible, so please forgive.
    The trigger safety, the little part in the center of the trigger that goes in when you pull the trigger with your finger, seems to have lost spring pressure(retention) to keep it from forward. When you pull the trigger, it pulls into the trigger, but when you remove your finger from the trigger it used to stop and protrude only about 0.1" from the trigger face. Now it continues forward, especially with fingernail pressure to pull it, and you can see the angle cut at the bottom of the trigger safety. It still has spring pressure on the trigger pull(to the rear), but seems to have lost the ability to remain retained about @.1" and just flops loosely forward.

Whats wrong, and how do I fix?

2. Enjoying Glock

Enjoying Glock

During a recent trigger assembly swap, after installing a new smooth trigger I experienced the following:

1. Depressing the safety portion of the trigger it would go through a 'bump' (for lack of a better word). Then it would remain depressed in the trigger - safety deactivated postion.
    2. If the trigger was released (that is not pulling through and releasing the striker), then removing the finger from the trigger -the trigger safety would not properly return and reset (apparently the bump during the pull/depression of the trigger safety was not allowing the trigger safety to reset.
    3. Placing pressure on the main part of the trigger and pulling rearward (without touching the trigger safety) - the trigger would activate the striker.

My solution: I trashed the bad trigger assembly. It was about a $12 part.

Realize that this is not the same issue you described, but share my experience with a safety issue and my solution.

3. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

Boy am I stupid!!! I know there may be a few out there that know that already.

I check my other Glocks and someone else's, and I guess they are supposed to do it because all of them did it. I have just never seen it that far out of normal position.

Rod

4. PP914

PP914