close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Trigger Pull

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by happyguy, Jul 23, 2006.

1. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I currently own two Glocks, a G19 and a G23. I generally shoot the G19 a lot and carry the G23. Both are set up the same except the triggers.

I currently have the 5 lb connector and stock spring in the G19 and the 3.5 connector and stock spring in the G23. The reason for the 3.5 connector in the G23 is that the trigger pull with the 5 connector was much stouter than the one in the G19 or most of the other Glocks I've handled.

The G19 has a mushy feel to the trigger and an indistinct break while the G23 is nearly as crisp as a decent 1911. Both seem to break at about the same poundage (I don't have a trigger pull gage).

I have swapped trigger bars, connectors, trigger return springs, etc. but the G23 is always far better.

Could it be the striker or the striker spring that is making the difference?

This isn't a really big deal, more of an annoyance than anything else, but I would like to get the G19 up to snuff if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Happyguy:)

2. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

*QUOTE*
    Could it be the striker or the striker spring that is making the difference?

Spring yes, however, if you lighten it too much with out reducing the mass of the firing pin you may get light primer hits.

Check the engagement surfaces under magnification. The stamped parts can be quite rough. Stone them smooth and notice the difference. In order to do this you MUST stone thru the plating.

Polishing only (.25 trigger job) just makes the roughness shiny.

3. sanjuro

sanjuro Samurai

hmmm, thought that polishing job would do as well...anyway....

i have both the g19 & g23 also. they're great pieces aren't they!

i shoot the 19 in competition and the 23 is my carry piece.
    the 19 trigger is all stock but the 23 i have the ny1 trigger (and i recommend it btw for carry!).

it's nice and heavy with a good tough break point and forceful reset. it's not easy to fire, but it is still accurate within 95% of combat ranges (7 - 21 feet according to fbi) and makes the trigger safer from a.d.'s. if i ever have to cap someone, i can demonstrate that i am carrying a pretty "safe" gun with a heavier than normal trigger pull.

4. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Well, I guess it was the trigger bar.

I had tried the smooth trigger from my G23 in the G19 without any luck, but I just installed a new smooth trigger in the G19 and it is breaking much better now. I guess it must have been the way the engagement surfaces were mating up.

Regards,
    Happyguy:)