close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Trigger Pre Travel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by asintaderoche, Apr 16, 2007.

1. asintaderoche

asintaderoche

Started with the 25 cents trigger job, then got lwd overtravel stop, again got the ghost rocket. But still the trigger travel is too far. I want to feel the trigger close 1911 not a double action take up. I've read about changing the trigger spring, changing the trigger Bar hole and heat bending 90*. I'm lost without actually seeing a picture. Can anybody post a picture or a link on how to improve/shorten pre travel...

2. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

Installing a pre-travel stop is a start.
    It is usually accomplished by pinning the trigger housing

3. AGizzle34

AGizzle34

i dont recommend pinning. i know many people who have had problems pinning the trigger housing. i wanted a trigger with no pre or over travel and with a light smooth pull so i got the glockworx trigger kit and this thing is amazing. its drop in so there is no smithing or pinning required.

4. CompetitiveJ

CompetitiveJ

so you got the glockworx trigger AGizz. nice! how do ya like it? i agree with AGizzle, i have that same glockworx trigger and it is definately worth looking at.

5. AGizzle34

AGizzle34

ya i got it. thanks for the suggestion. this thing is amazing and my shooting feels like it has drastically improved.

6. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

Uh oh....somebody better tell Vanek that he's doing it wrong.
    :rofl:

I haven't tried the Glockworx trigger but I'm not sure you can "Eliminate ALL pre-travel" and still have an active firing pin safety.
    anyone?

7. CompetitiveJ

CompetitiveJ

i have the trigger in my gun and the pre travel is completely gone and the safety is functional. i use this gun in competitions so it has to be. they accomplished this by welding a tab onto the trigger bar. that way there are no external mods or pins and no smithing involved.

8. AGizzle34

AGizzle34

J is right. i bought this trigger because it came highly recommended by the people at LAX firing range and then i heard about it on these forums. there are no pins and the safety engages. its all done with a perfectly welded tab on the trigger bar. plus they have a 100% guarranty so i didnt have anything to lose.

9. TeamGlock

TeamGlock

i got my glockworx trigger a couple weeks ago and i too can atest ot there being no pre or over travel and no pins. vanek could learn a thing or two from these guys. this trigger is amazing!

10. jaybird79

jaybird79

:rofl: You three are cracking me up ! ! !:rofl:
    :banana: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!:banana:

11. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

There are several ways to accomplish the same task and FWIW,Vanek doesn't "Pin" the trigger anymore.
    You Glockwerx fanboy(s) are crackin' me up too!
    :animlol:

12. GlockWORX

GlockWORX

We at GlockWORX would like to clear the air. We are not affiliated with and do not condone the behavior of certain individuals who have posted on this thread. Please accept our appolgy if any of them have offended any of you in our name.

regards,
    GlockWORX Team

13. TheDuke

TheDuke

Just browsing through the posts and there seems to be a lot of suspicion about some posters working for Glockworx. I did a search on the user names and it seems as though all of the posters in question joined the forum on the same day and all started out their first posts as recommending the product.

could it just be a coincidence?

I guess I checked out of curiosity. If the product does what they claim it sounds good, but I would rather hear from unbiased opinions rather than someone pretending to be unbiased.

Time will reveal the true anwers.

Cheers

14. plink

plink

15. Kestryll

Kestryll

It is odd isn't it? especially when you consider that they joined within an hour or so of each other, and all from the same IP address... Hmmm...

As I said over there, if you are interested in marketing here ('Here'meaning Calguns, I cut and pasted my response from over there) in an official capacity just contact me. You'll find I'm more interested in getting the membership access to new and useful stuff than anything else.
    If you just want to say 'Hey, I make these/do this' in a casual manner, do it but don't try to hide it. Up front honesty works so much better and doesn't sting when you get caught.

16. GlockWORX

GlockWORX

This was not done by GlockWORX please do not associate this person with our company i just found out that my roomate who is supposed to handle the customer service left his computer on and a bitter friend jumped on the forums and thought it would be funny if everything got tracked back to us. I have been building business's for years online and have way too much sense and respect to do something like sit around and create a bunch of bogus names to promote my company, which i know would get tracked back to the same ip address. This was just brought to my attention right before i posted the previous post on Sunday when i shot with Ray and he asked me if i saw what was going on in glocktalk. I started GlockWORX with one thing in mind to create the best performing parts possible for glocks, because i love them and love shooting!

I just contacted the person who is responsible for this and hope that he has stopped. If he continues please disregard anything he says on our behalf, he is a bitter person who wanted to be a part of the company and as you can see this is why hes not.

I really do appologize on our behalf i have been dealing with this situation all day and am extremely frustrated, I wasnt even aware of the other forums until today when i got 3 calls from different people asking me whats going on.

Alec
    President
    GlockWORX