close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Trigger Options

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Glockster_221, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Glockster_221

Glockster_221

Hi all.

What options are out there for Glock triggers? I have interest in the G17 but I want a super smooth and fairly light trigger. I am going to use this gun for range and HD, so I don't want a feather trigger, but I want a smooth, consistent pull with no take up. Something around 4-4.4 pounds.

Any ideas? How do drop-in trigger compare to smith work? What are the prices? Could you guys recommend me a great Glock smith who's reputation precedes him, who also offers decent prices (I don't want to pay as much for the trigger as I did for the gun!!)?

Thank you guys!

2. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

I'd buy a 3.5lb connector & maybe a reduced power striker spring plus a extra power trigger spring & that should have you right @ 4.5lb trigger pull..
    To slicked things up some you can polish all the intersecting parts with Flitz or Mothers & you'd be good to go..
    Test with your carry ammo to assure 100% ignition with the lightened striker spring..

3. Glockster_221

Glockster_221

Solid advice.

Should I use a smith instead?

ETA: I am very mechanically inclined and have successfully worked on my airsoft guns when I was younger. This seems easy enough but would a 'smith offer more services?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  4. SouthernBoyVA

SouthernBoyVA

A quality 3.5 connector with a 6# trigger spring and a 4# striker spring should take the pull weight down in the vacinity of 3 1/2 pounds or slightly less. I would not recommend this for a SD gun. For that, consider the 3.5 connector and the 6# trigger spring. This should take you to around 4 1/2 pounds and give a good overall feel.

5. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

I just bought a 4# striker spring, a 6# extra power trigger spring and a titanium safety plunger for my G-22 gen 3. I plan on using this in USPSA production and limited divisions. I'm looking forward to my new trigger. I did a .25 trigger job the other day. This was the firs time I disassembled it to get at the trigger assembly. It's not as dificult as you might think. Reassembly and a function check was done to make sure the gun will fire when needed.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010