Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now, I've been struggling with an issue with my G30 only to realize that I'm an idiot. It's not really an issue after all, but is part of the Glock training system. The problem is that when I shoot my G30sf, it ejects brass right into my forehead. I thought that was a problem but now realize that it's Glock's built in method of yelling "MOVE WHILE YOU SHOOT". It's Glock's way of teaching us to get off the X and learn to move while shooting. Think of it as your drill sergeant throwing a handful of gravel at you while screaming "DON'T JUST STAND THERE AND BE A TARGET RECRUIT! MOVE". While practicing today, I was doing transitions on targets while moving laterally and there was no issue with BTF.

Thanks Glock! You guys really do think of everything.:supergrin:

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
For a while now, I've been struggling with an issue with my G30 only to realize that I'm an idiot. It's not really an issue after all, but is part of the Glock training system. The problem is that when I shoot my G30sf, it ejects brass right into my forehead. I thought that was a problem but now realize that it's Glock's built in method of yelling "MOVE WHILE YOU SHOOT". It's Glock's way of teaching us to get off the X and learn to move while shooting. Think of it as your drill sergeant throwing a handful of gravel at you while screaming "DON'T JUST STAND THERE AND BE A TARGET RECRUIT! MOVE". While practicing today, I was doing transitions on targets while moving laterally and there was no issue with BTF.

Thanks Glock! You guys really do think of everything.:supergrin:
Have you tried different ammo or buying a replacement extractor? Or even filing this one down a little bit? Any little bit of change to the system might help. Like a new RSA or really cleaning the breech face and up around the path of the cartridge.

But maybe it’s your forehead? :D

Hair Nose Head Hand Arm

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
...But maybe it’s your forehead? :D ...
Back in my early days at Grumman, whenever we had to do open flame or welding work either inside buildings or outside near flammables, a company fireguard was summoned to check the area, disable fire systems, and often times stand by at the ready with fire extinguishers, overseeing the work. Either way we were signed up with a burn/weld tag. Their crew consisited of either retired FDNY guys or your typical local volunteer firemen, but what a crew they were. This one kid inparticular was really odd...he was always smiling, could fart on command, had disproportionately short legs compared to the rest of his body so he walked with kind of a wiggle, and he sported an unusually large forehead. His partner, a guy we called "JohnyPump", nicknamed him "Dormerhead". I laughed so hard the first time I heard him called that it was just too funny...and all he did in response was punch JohnyPump in the shoulder, laughing along with us, never getting upset.

Once I read your "But maybe it's your forehead?" comment above I laughed out loud and was instantly transported back in time to the late 70's early 80's, remembering the crazy antics of Dormerhead, and producing a visual of how no known extractor swap would prevent brass from hitting Dormerhead's noggin'!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tried different ammo and the issue disappears with SD ammo. I've polished and tuned the extractor a bit with little change, so have just learned to live with it now.

It's a carry gun and not a target gun that I use to punch paper, so I really should be moving while shooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts