glock trade worth it or not?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AWMP, May 23, 2005.

1. AWMP

AWMP

Just got a Glock 20 on trade, less then 50 rounds fired and less than 2 months old. Just got home with it, love the feel and size of the pistol. Bought two boxes of ammo at Academy Sports (Dang a lot more than 9mm, 12.76 a box, I know that is a good price for 10mm).
    But here is the deal, I want to shoot the pistol often, but was just sent an email offer to trade my Glock 20 for a Glock 21(.45acp). I shot .45acp all the time. I don't reload so ammo is always an issue. I can get .45acp at Walmart anytime. 10mm is additional cost.
    Just trying to decide what to do. Anyone give me the pros and cons here? New to 10mm, this is my first. Any and all you can tell me would be helpful. Thanks
    AW

2. Glockadict

Glockadict

I would keep your G20. I have a G21, and 2 G20's. The G20's are by far my favorite guns. The G21 is great, and I love shooting it, but you can't beat the versatility of the 10mm. From home defense to hunting it does it all. I would shoot it before you make the choice. There might not be a choice afterwards. I understand the cost issue, I just started reloading so I can feed my G20's more. It turned out to be a very addicting hobby, and you can load your amoo for your needs, and style of shooting. I highly suggest it if you shoot a lot.

3. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I would keep the 20. Ammo isn't that hard to find if you don't mind having it delivered to your door, you can find pretty reasonable prices on the net from Georgia ammo,and even Double tap isn't all that steep. If the prices really get to you though, spend a little extra and buy a 40 smith and wesson barrel for you 20, and shoot it really cheap then, probably cheaper than 45 acp, and you can find .40 ammo anywhere.