Glock trade-in/swap for new Gen 4

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by EA Sports, Mar 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. EA Sports

EA Sports

Has anyone heard of a new LE program that Glock is doing where officers can trade in old Glocks toward the purchase of a new Gen 4? Our armorer just told me that Glock just came up with this. He was saying that you make your order, make your payment (between 150-$200 depending on model), new gun shows up, then you send the old one in. He said that all guns have night sites.
    Sounds like a nice program.

2. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Been around for years, brother.

My wife traded in a G26 for her model 35 over 5 years ago.

3. Morris

Morris CLM

Agency price is still $125, I believe. Not zero cost.

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Still not too shabby.

5. Malstorme

Malstorme Bad Influence

With "letterhead" price being what it is, I sure wouldn't be in much of a hurry to trade my "old" one in for $250 or so. Hell, I don't think they average much over $450 anyway on straight purchases. I'd think it'd be better to do a FTF sale of your old one and just buy the new one out. You'd probably come out money ahead and give someone a decent deal on a used gun rather than paying some gun dealer's bills...

2 cents

Mals

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Good point. LE price is $478 with Trijicon night sights and 3 magazines. The used Glock prices on the local board here is either even money or a bit above which will cover the tax and fees on the new gun, if you so choose.

Personally, I think I like my G34 and G26 just fine and I have nothing to trade.

7. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

They used to do frame upgrades (e.g. Gen 2 to Gen 3) for something like $165. Since the old guns will still fetch $350-$400 without much effort and new ones are $478 with night sights (officer price) ...it ended up being easier and often cheaper just to buy/sell.

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

In Kommiefornistan, thanks to our laws, Glocks sell for more on the open market used than we can buy them at LE prices. So we can sell our Gen 3 at prevailing prices, turn around and get a Gen 4 and be even after fees and taxes.

9. Branspop

Branspop Daddy X2 CLM

I would never sell my duty gun. Call me sentimental, but it has been with me for the last 12 years. I bought my old gun when we switched to Glocks.

Now, I am all about buying new toys (just don't tell the wife :supergrin: )

10. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I sell all my guns except for the ones that have some meaning and value or because it's pretty. I love my Beretta 92FS Stainless. It's so pretty. Never will use it, but it's pretty. It also matches my darker business suits. The Glock is good, but not pretty. It doesn't bring out the suit as well. I will sell and trade Glocks. You can find them anywhere for the same price. Now the Beretta... yeah... that's a work of beauty there.