close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Touch-Up Paint

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by jbs1279, Mar 1, 2010.

1. jbs1279

jbs1279

I bought a slightly used Glock 22 and absolutely love it. It has a chip by the ejector and another by the rear sight. Where can I find touch-up paint to fix these chips?

2. Ajon412

Ajon412

You can have the slide re-finished, either by Glock ($45.00) or other sources (Duracoat, Ceracoat, etc). There are a few GT members in this forum that can provide this service. There really isn't a touch up paint to repair this problem.

3. AggiePhil

AggiePhil ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wouldn't worry about it. Your gun is a tool to be used, not a museum piece to be put on display and adored. I know a trainer who passes his GLOCK 19 around with a metal rasp and makes his students file on the slide to break the habit of thinking of their guns as works of art.

4. BillR

BillR Senior Member

I don't think it's that clear-cut at all.:whistling:
    My Jeep is also a "tool" that gets me to work and back, but I still fix the dings when they happen. There's nothing wrong with taking care of something you own, and taking pride in what it looks like.:cool:
    To the OP, I got my slide Ceracoated, and I like the finish alot.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  5. jbs1279

jbs1279

Thanks for the replys. I work as a Harley technician and am a perfectionist. I do know that Harley offers a Satin Black touch up that I think will be close. These are just small imperfections that I dont think need a whole re-finish.