Glock Talk banner

Glock threaded barrels

1212 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  glockandgroovin'
Looking to get one for my g17 but with so many manufacturers which ones are worth it and which ones are not ?

I would like the zev in black but 280 is kinda high, your opinions please

Edit:

Looking for good accuracy and obviously good feeding and reliability, a solid lock up is a must, I think storm lake does the over sized locking block, that also has my interest
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7,131 Posts
I wouldn't feed much into the gimmicks about better lockup, supported chambers and so on. If you are looking for threaded options, any of the manufacturers will do. My G19 threaded barrel is a Storm Lake, but that choice was simply based on supply and demand rather than anything else. They had it in stock and anything else would have needed to be ordered.

· Lean & Mean
16,638 Posts
Why not the factory threaded barrel?

· Registered
2,757 Posts

· Registered
11,804 Posts
I wouldn't feed much into the gimmicks about better lockup, supported chambers and so on. If you are looking for threaded options, any of the manufacturers will do. My G19 threaded barrel is a Storm Lake, but that choice was simply based on supply and demand rather than anything else. They had it in stock and anything else would have needed to be ordered.

The better lock up is not a gimmick and is the reason the Gen 4 and newer Glocks shoot slightly better than the older Glocks.

· Registered
7,131 Posts
The better lock up is not a gimmick and is the reason the Gen 4 and newer Glocks shoot slightly better than the older Glocks.
From a bench, I'm sure it does shoot better. How many people can honestly say they can duplicate groups fired from a bench with a normal standing two handed shooting stance though with even the stock equipment? 1.5" - 2" groups are the norm from a rest at 25 yards. Until a person can shoot that well, an aftermarket barrel for increased accuracy is an exercise in diminishing returns.

· Registered
59 Posts
1.5 to 2" groups at 75' on rest, with std equip. . . so wouldn't a normal shooter benefit
with tighter groups through some add ons at same distance? The add on are
compensating for a possible lack there of ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.