Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been brought up before but I haven't seen it.

As I was standing in line at Wal Mart browsing GT on my cellphone I realized we should have a GT Mobile website that was condensed down, easier, and faster to access than the full GT web site for people who traverse GT on their phones. Any other GT addicts with me on this?

·
Mountain Man
6,921 Posts
I too browse from my phone... always a pain, funny each of my different web phones I have had over the years have had different issues with browsing GT... would love a mobile version, but beggars can't be choosers.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
works alright on my iPhone

·
Banned
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an iPhone also and it does work okay, when I'm not connected to WiFi however it is quite slow plus constantly having to zoom in and out to try and click the links. I was thinking that a no thrills, meat and potatoes mobile version would be pretty sweet and a LOT faster to access while you're waiting in line at the bank/store/sitting in a boring meeting at work, etc...

·
Luggage
4,920 Posts
I concur.

This is the sort of upgrade I am hoping my purchase of a membership will support.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I read glocktalk from my iphone, and it works ok, but the site is really too ad-heavy and table-heavy, even on 3G or wifi connection. I would definitely consider paying to subscribe if we could slim it down to where it downloads and renders quickly on the iphone.

·
Misanthropical
9,249 Posts
I have a BB Curve and it's slower than two old people doing it.
This is where in the old days I'd have just replied +1 but now you have to post 5 characters.

You can tell the site isn't going to work when you have a banner broken into 7 pictures before you even get the page loaded. One of my favorite sites just added a mobile version the other day, pleasant surprise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts