Glock tactical light

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FP2000H, Sep 18, 2005.

1. FP2000H

FP2000H I'm awesome

Does anyone have any experience with these? The Insight Technologies and Surefire light/laser modules are all around the $300 range. Glockmeister has the Glock tactical laser/light model for $250. It even comes in its own box. I read in another thread about someone getting lens burn from their G37. Insight was supposed to send a replacement lens but that seems like a lot of hassle. You'd think the Glock product is tailored to the weapon design (I know, I know.. and their demographic...)

2. WWW.TOPGLOCK.COM

WWW.TOPGLOCK.COM Online Sales

The insight lights sell much better. I believe that their design is much more ergonomic.

3. FP2000H

FP2000H I'm awesome

I'm just wondering. It seems that the flashlight component of the Insight and Surefire models looks very cylindrical and with the Glock design, that part looks more contained within the housing. You know, the lens is right at the edge of the mount versus the aforementioned two where it seems to protrude from the main housing of the weapon mount. Will this have any effect on fitting into holsters designed for the M6 style light I wonder? Is there much difference in the performance of both products?

4. Nathan2003

Nathan2003 Wanna Cookie?

I prefer the M6 but its what I carry for work so go figure. :)

You can pick up and M6 at www.farmpolicesupply.com for about $245. I have ordered several things from them and have never had a problem.

Holsters are made for the weapon/light combo, just like if you ordered a holster for the G22/GlockLight or the G22/M6.

As far as M6 durability, I have put about 1000 rounds through my G22/M6 with no problems.

I carry my G22/M6 in a Don Hume leather holster or a Safariland 6004 dropleg. Both hold the weapon securely.