close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock tactical light w/ laser- problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pbrstreetgang, Dec 15, 2004.

1. pbrstreetgang

pbrstreetgang

last weekend i purchased a gtl 21- the new glock tactical light w/ laser. i have a glock 21, so i encountered the fit problems explored on this thread.

after many attempts to fit the light, and trimming the little ribs just enough to provide a firm fit to my trigger guard- i discovered i was unable to focus the beam!
    the bezel would not unscrew either.

i found that the small pips that the bezel's cam surfaces ride on were gone! nothing like discovering your new toy is broken...

i will contact glock today and post the results.

tip: a mini cell-phone pouch is a secure and discrete way to carry the gtl-21.

2. pbrstreetgang

pbrstreetgang

update:
    sending it in for warranty replacement. was told they may be coming out with a model specificaly for the glock 20/21. i mentioned that the release lever was difficult to grasp also. was told that a revision of that may be in the works also.
    so... they are aware of the problems, but no hard info was forthcoming.

3. Nathan2003

Nathan2003 Wanna Cookie?

You would have been better off spending your money on the M6. Superior light IMO.

Hope all works out well for you.

4. pbrstreetgang

pbrstreetgang

already have an m6.;) at this point we are in agreement. i'm just interested to see what glock will do to try and capture their share of this market.

update- glock sent me a replacement. a model 22 with the dimmer feature. see my review here.

5. Nathan2003

Nathan2003 Wanna Cookie?

Ah ha, excellent. I have an issue M6 so if/when I transfer I have to give it back. :( I've grown quite fond of that little light laser combo.

Glad things worked out for you.