close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock tac light w/ laser?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ShipWreck, Aug 7, 2006.

1. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I have had a Glock tac light for about a year - love it. Thinking of buying the Glock light w/ laser on it - did some searching here on the light, but didn't really dig up much on the laser version.

I like the price, so really don't wanna spend more for other brands. Looking at some comments on this...

2. Sinister

Sinister Elite Member

I don't know much about the Glock Tac, but my advice is to get a TLR-2 instead. There are plenty of threads with information about the TLR-2 and comparing it to others. Can pick one up for around the same as the Glock Tac. I few quick facts... Glock run time = 70mins. TLR-2 run time = 2.5 hours on the same amount of batteries. TLR-2 is waterproof (Not that you would shoot underwater). I can’t seem to find any information on the lumens output on the Glock, but I know the TLR-2 is 80 lumems and it’s a LED, meaning it will never burn out or break! I don’t mean to discourage you from buying a Glock light, but to help you get more bang for your buck! Sorry if I got off your topic and tossed a wrench in your decision.

Check it out more here.
    Streamlight

TLR-2 on a G22.
    [​IMG]

-Sinister

3. rslintii

rslintii

TLR-2 are the best deal for the money! Best, Robert;)

4. ShipWreck

Well, I already have their regular tac light, and I like it - I also like the look of it on the gun.

I prev had an M3 light, and it was so tight to get off and on the gun that it scratched up the finish on a Beretta Vertec I used to have after only 3 times on and off. The Glock light slides on and off very nicely.

I see that the TLR-2 uses a screw to tighten on the frame.

I have read a lot of good things about that light. I was just curious to hear from people w/ the Glock light/laser...

5. rslintii

rslintii

I like the lasermax for many reasons, mainly because it shoots POAis POI. No mess, no fuss, no adjustment.... Glock all the way. Point laser, pull triger, goes bang every time. I speak from experience, 30+ years as (Master) US Merchant Marine Officer. Best< Robert;)

6. Sinister

Sinister Elite Member

Lots of round’s through my G22 and no scratches on the rails. It looks like a screw but really it is a whole mechanism. The screw in Picture A is connected to the other side of the rail on the light which moves back and forth, this makes it easy to attach it to your weapon. The TLR-2 is designed as a “Roll on light” meaning, on the side that moves back and forth, clamp that part on the rail of your gun at an angle and roll the other side on the remaing rail then tighten the screw. You can see in picture B that no screws touch the gun. I provided some other pictures for a closer look of the TLR-2. Even if you don’t buy one you will have a better understanding of how it actually works.

Picture A
    [​IMG]

Picture B
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Sinister

7. ShipWreck

Ok, I understand. After you push the button and it goes on, do U still tighten the screw? Or, whehn U let go of it, is it all the way tightened on the gun?

8. Sinister

Sinister Elite Member

Once you have it on the rail you have to thighten the screw. which will pull the other side (side that moves) and pushes the side with the screw part.

-Sinister

9. FirearmFan

FirearmFan

I was thinking about getting the TRL-2 as well. One question though,
    does it have the ability to use a remote switch?

Thanks!

10. rslintii

rslintii

Plans for future. Best< Robert;)

11. Sinister

Sinister Elite Member

No remote switch available at the moment. There are a few accessories they offer.

Check it out here.
    TRL-2

-Sinister

12. brianc142

brianc142

I have several tactical lights including an m6x, a couple of surefire x200's and a glock tl-22. I really like the glock light/laser combo. This is a light I never would have purchased. I got this light in a trade with a fellow glocktalker and was pleasantly surprised. I think it's a good light for the money and like everything else glock; I think the quality is good too.

13. Iron666Maiden

Iron666Maiden Bite The Pain

I really think streamlight designed the TLR lights with glocks in mind. Its just too convienient how on both of my glocks I can easily operate both functions (steady and momentary on) with my index finger perched along side the trigger guard. The thing is bright enough that the light is blinding and I really like that its made of aluminum . I am going to purchase a second one soon.

14. ShipWreck

Glad to hear a positive comment about it :)

15. Nathan2003

Nathan2003 Wanna Cookie?

I read on GT somewhere that they were going to make a remote switch similar to the switches they made for the M3X series of lights. Contoured to the bottom of the trigger guard.

I for one am going to get one when they make it.