close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock survives 20,000 rd. test

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mymini40, Jul 23, 2012.

1. greenlion

greenlion

They could have saved a lot of time and money and just watched videos of people torturing GLOCKS on YouTube...

2. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

What's the point?
    Everyone knows that 20k does nothing to a Glock!

3. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Waste of time.

I have over 40,000 rounds through my G17 that's just over 3 years old.
    I've moved on now to a G34, have close to 10,000 on it. Nothing wrong with the 17, just decided to buy a G34 as all I do is shoot competitions (and practice a butt load).

Nothing wrong with the G17, still shoot it in GSSF. 20,000 rounds? Pshaw.

4. mymini40

mymini40

Its not really a waste because the winner was supposed to be an Israeli made Jericho. But they were plugged whatever reason and Glock was the second highest bidder. Thats not bad for almost 60,000 units. Wouldnt you agree?

5. bruzer

bruzer

The article does not say how many Brass to Face they got. Haha I so funny!!!
    Mike

6. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

The point was it's a gen 4 G17......

7. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

My Dept tested the G22 Gen4 against the M&P40 (we've been issued Glocks since '88). The Glock went 8000 rounds in 2 weeks, by anyone who wanted to shoot it, without cleaning and no problems.

The M&P40 broke (slide stop??) in the first mag, binding up the gun. There was another part broken later on, I'm unsure what it was.

Everyone loved the M&P ergos, hated it's trigger (and lack of reliability), but loved the Glock's reliability and stock trigger pull. Glock won out to the chagrin of the 1 S&W lover at the range.

The Glock has less parts and is a simpler design that just plain works.

8. acergy09

acergy09

Well,for them...to see is to believe,they want to see it for themself and not relying on just watching videos on you tube...

actually...the Tanfoglio almost grab the deal first,but they failed before 16k rounds and did not achieve the 20K rounds parameter...that is why Glock did got a chance and now an official sidearm of Philippine National Police...
    http://www5.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=765814&publicationSubCategoryId=64

FATAL FAILURE: On Dec. 23, around the 14,500 mark, Tanfoglio’s trigger stopped, signaling a major malfunction. Testing rules indicate “failed to fire, load, extract and eject attributable to weapon” as critical.
    Yet, the PNP Technical Working Group (TWG) allowed Armscor to open the Tanfoglio, disassemble it to determine what happened, reassemble it and continue firing if they can get it to work again. It did. Testing continued.
    On Dec. 26, around the 15,450 mark, Tanfoglio’s trigger stopped again, as it happened on Dec. 23. Again, Armscor was allowed to open the gun, disassemble and reassemble it, and continue firing if they could get it to work again. It did, and testing resumed.
    However, at around the 15,500 mark (after less than 50 rounds fired), the same problem occurred. As before, Armscor disassembled its pistol. While reassembling the parts, it could not put the ambidextrous safety back on. A pin was missing.

9. acergy09

acergy09

no offense meant...but I think,the made in USA glock gen4 is a perfect version of gen 4....until now,theres no single report of problematic RSA,or brass hitting the face...unlike Austrian made gen4...

10. beagbox

beagbox

You mean the 2nd lowest bidder, right? If you are bidding to Gov't for any project, the lowest bidder wins, not the highest..

Jericho won but lacks of documents made the way for glock, it didn't even reach d point of testing the Jericho for 20k rounds.i was wondering if it's going to pass the test...

11. SolCagAce

SolCagAce

suffice to say that the galil ace failed @ 3000 round mark on the same government procurement this time for an assault rifle.

12. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Thought I read the US plant only exports what's made there & doesn't supply the US?

13. dpadams6

dpadams6

Wow. Our Dept had problems with m&p 357sig.
    We shot thousands of rounds while s&w tried to make it right. Never happened. We sent them all back after testing glock 31 gen4 and 33. Been carrying the glocks for about 2 years. Very happy with the glocks.

14. RevoZak

RevoZak

Just to add a little more info... the 20K rounds needs to be fired in 4 days time, or 5K rounds a day. The gun has to survive it without changing/replacing any part/s. The gun can be cleaned after few thousand rounds (5 minutes break) then back to firing it again :)
    The gun tested was a Glock 17 Gen4 USA.

I don't really expect a BTF issue on the gun since I haven't heard/read of any reports of BTF from a USA made Glocks. My G17 Gen3 USA fired over 700 rounds without a single issue (half of it were teflon coated head reload)