Glock Talk banner

Glock Store legit?

2118 Views 35 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Cpt.America
I was in the market for a KKM barrel for my G17 gen5 and KKM showed a four week lead time. Glock Store showed them in stock. I place the order and nothing. A week goes by and I email them for an update. I email them on the 23rd, inquiring about my order and get this reply. “I do not have an ETA, as soon as KKM sends us the product we will ship the order.”

My question is, is this normal for them to not notify customers they don’t actually have a product? I usually by from Brownells, Midway, Primary Arms or direct from the manufacture so I freely admit I have little experience with them.

Anybody have suggestions for good Glockcentric outlets to buy cool Glock parts from?

~Thanks for letting me vent.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
11,865 Posts
Sounds like the Glock Store I used to order from. Past tense, and yes they are notorious for displaying in stock products and then giving you OOS once they charge you. They will even split up an order and bill you later, so you have to stay on your toes with them or you can find yourself getting billed for items you ordered months ago.

Not worth it, so I dropped them. They are no longer an option (for me) and will remain that way.

I would suggest trying to cancel any pending orders before you are actually charged and billed for it. The Glock Store is just not worth the hassle.

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. KKM makes a great barrel. I own 3 of them. It is worth the wait. File a complaint with your AG as well as the AG in their state. You can give them really bad press on all gun sites too.
I do have a KKM barrel in my G20 and its been great....
Only had to wait 12 days for it from KKM 2 years ago....

· Registered
1,396 Posts
Yeah, that’s clearly a defect. Lucky it wasn’t a catastrophic failure with an injury! Glad you’re okay!
Yep no injuries to me and the G22 shoots just fine with the new barrel.... 500 rounds now...
I looked the frame and slide over very closely and did not see any cracks or other damage...
I consider myself lucky as it could have been worse...
I hope I have not made a mistake buying the same replacement barrel 40% discount from Glock Store...
I think it was just a fluke with a metal fatigue issue....
The question is..... Would you trust it with this replacement barrel....
I think I may order a KKM for it......

· Premium Member
Glocks: I have two G34.3’s, a G45, a G44, a G48 MOS
507 Posts
Back in 2020 you would hold for 20 minutes and then it would hang up on you.
Dang!
I think the last thing I ordered from GS was in 2019.
I haven’t bothered with them since, mostly because of their little clock on their website that shows how backed up they claim they are.

· Premium Member
29 Posts
so who’s the best vendor these days for all the little bits and pieces like spacer sleeves, firing pin springs, extractors and the like? is there one vendor that’s head and shoulders above the rest these days with inventory, prompt shipping, decent prices and customer service? or is it catch as catch can?

· Premium Member
29 Posts
that’s a pretty limited range of offerings for the official web site. the parts page has only 39 items, mostly backstraps and barrels. plus some repackaged ameriglo sights and mos adapters, and that’s it. pretty pathetic seems to me.

what’s people’s experience with glockmeister? Glock Parts, Pistols & Accessories | Glockmeister are they any better than Lenny’s? i’ve actually had good luck with Lenny’s in the past, dealing with the San Diego guys. has service deteriorated since he opened in Nashville? i woulda thought that service had gotten better.

· Registered
933 Posts
that’s a pretty limited range of offerings for the official web site. the parts page has only 39 items, mostly backstraps and barrels. plus some repackaged ameriglo sights and mos adapters, and that’s it. pretty pathetic seems to me.
They want to limit plebeians that haven't earned the rank of Glock Armor from having access to more than these parts. Without paying for the certificate one is just not smart enough to be a good parts swapper. :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
88 Posts
I was in the market for a KKM barrel for my G17 gen5 and KKM showed a four week lead time. Glock Store showed them in stock. I place the order and nothing. A week goes by and I email them for an update. I email them on the 23rd, inquiring about my order and get this reply. “I do not have an ETA, as soon as KKM sends us the product we will ship the order.”

My question is, is this normal for them to not notify customers they don’t actually have a product? I usually by from Brownells, Midway, Primary Arms or direct from the manufacture so I freely admit I have little experience with them.

Anybody have suggestions for good Glockcentric outlets to buy cool Glock parts from?

Never bought guns from them, but I have bought some other things from them and they were pretty quick.

· Registered
933 Posts
so who’s the best vendor these days for all the little bits and pieces like spacer sleeves, firing pin springs, extractors and the like? is there one vendor that’s head and shoulders above the rest these days with inventory, prompt shipping, decent prices and customer service? or is it catch as catch can?
I don't know that there is a best one stop shop. I have bought small parts from MidwayUSA, Brownells, and BigTexOrdnance. Also have had good dealings with shops like Nimrodwares and NZD Performance I first saw through eBay, along with a couple other eBay shops with good reviews I can't remember the names of offhand.

· Registered
1,616 Posts

They are a legit store... but they are garbage.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts