GLOCK Stock sight project

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by islandglocker, Sep 14, 2007.

1. islandglocker

islandglocker

Hi everyone

So I ordered a set of Ameriglo operator night sights for my GLOCK 19... Because I am not so fund of my "busy" rear stock sight nor the fact that they are both polymer.

It will take about a month for me to recieve my sights. I was wondering if it is ok that i use a permanent black marker to carefully cover the white line running horizontally on the rear sight then leaving only two squared "dots" and start getting used to the three dot sight set up...

Do you guys think this would be close to the real deal? or at least help with my rear sight not being so busy looking?

2. slammed89swb

slammed89swb

It sure couldnt hurt. If you dont like it you can install your new sights which you are going to do anyways and you could order you a set of stock sights for CDNN for like 3 bucks if you just wanted to have them on hand

3. x

x Glockaholic

I did mine with black magic marker on the stock rears, until the Ameriglos arrived. You will love the rear Ameriglos, especially if you got green fronts and yellow rears. No more white on the rears.

4. toothlesrooster

toothlesrooster

Do you know if anyone offers the fiber optic sights with an adjustable rear? I've looked on Ameri Glo's and other sights and can't find any.

I'm thinking of just going with the GLOCK factory adjustable rear. I actually like they white box.

5. gary newport

gary newport

Dawson Precision, among others, offers adjustable rear/finer optic fronts.

6. dan berock

dan berock

i bought ameriglow night sights for my g26...they are awesome...they are more accurate sighting in all light conditions...i was smart and let the gunsmith install them...but my new g26 has factory glock night sights...i heard bad things about them...like they are crimped on and come loose...anyone know for sure?

7. gary newport

gary newport

Glock OEM steel front sights (night or non-night) are crimped on, using a special tool. I don't know how they are removed. I much prefer the standard screw attachment for front sights.