close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock springs. Are they weak??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BlindBoyJoe, Aug 13, 2002.

1. BlindBoyJoe

BlindBoyJoe

Has anyone had problems with their stock glock mag springs? They work good at first, but seem to start getting weak within six months or so. I ended up changing my glock 22 and 19 mag springs to wolff springs because my last round just didn't want to load into the chamber. I tried to do the same with my 30 but the results weren't as good (see other thread). So has anyone else had problems with their glock mag springs besides me? Do your springs last years and years? Let me know. I am just frustrated because my sig mag spring is just as strong now as the day I bought it (1 year). Just for your info I do keep my guns loaded, always!!!

2. pokey074

pokey074 The F.O. Man

3. five-0

five-0

BBJ...never had that problem till recently. I got some G23 LEO mags and within 6mo some stopped locking the slide back. Replaced all of them with Wolff and now its not a problem. Didn't start seeing this happen until about 1.5years ago...maybe a bad lot?

4. Mayonaise

Mayonaise

All springs wear out. It has nothing to do with age. It has everything to do with use. Do you leave your mags loaded all the time? Do you shoot competition? All these have an effect on wear. Replace them when you start to see the signs. Last round won't feed. Slide doesn't lock back after the last round.

Mark