Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at the various holsters and it looks like the sport combat holster is a good deal.

still i would like to hear from everyone with pics on carry

how do you wear this holster

what are its positives and negatives

only actual users please

remember include pics

thanks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have a lot of great gear, but still use a glock sport holster frequently. I wear it on a good gunbelt. Flatter than most holsters.

i have been looking at the various holsters and it looks like the sport combat holster is a good deal.

still i would like to hear from everyone with pics on carry

how do you wear this holster

what are its positives and negatives

only actual users please

remember include pics

thanks

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Extremely comfortable, and very fast. One of the better holsters available, and the price is rediculously low. In this case, you get far more than you pay for. I have safariland, galco, sidearmor, bianchi, and other holsters both issued and personally purchased. The glock sport is still what I reach for frequently when I'm off duty or carrying on a suit detail.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought a Fobus (GL3)? that was cleary marked for M21,but not the SF,which is what I have.It did not fit.Then tryed a Don Hume JIT ,gun goes in easy enough but it is almost impossible to get out. Now I want to try a Glock combat /sport holster but it seems they don't have one for this model. FYI- gun is 21 sf with Glock rail.What 's going on?

·
Another clone
437 Posts
I use the Combat Sport holster and like it a lot. It doesn't feel "cluncky" like my Uncle Mikes kydex.
Speed isn't my issue yet and may never be. But it retains well and flexes with you and wont fall off your belt and for $10.95 it is hard to beat. I like the Glock mag pouches too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bought a Fobus (GL3)? that was cleary marked for M21,but not the SF,which is what I have.It did not fit.Then tryed a Don Hume JIT ,gun goes in easy enough but it is almost impossible to get out. Now I want to try a Glock combat /sport holster but it seems they don't have one for this model. FYI- gun is 21 sf with Glock rail.What 's going on?
Went through the same thing with a Fobus and my Glock 21sf, the GL3 did not work. Sent email to Fobus and they told me it should be the GL4, exchanged the 3 for the 4 and the 21sf fits perfectly.

·
I feel pretty!
637 Posts
Where do you get one of these AND! do they make one for the 21sf?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love mine. I end up using it more than the others I own.

Oh, it is a pretty fast draw once you do some dremel mods.:supergrin:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Nobody has answered the question:
Do you thread the belt in front of, or behind the holster? :supergrin:

:wavey:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
one thing for sure about my glock holster, it holds the gun very tight to the body. there would be no reason to put the belt on the outside.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
........ once you do some dremel mods.:supergrin:
what sort of mods. I have one for my 10mm 3rd gen frame and its is a bear to draw.

·
Registered
257 Posts
One of the few cheapies(out of a drawer full) I actually kept after getting better holsters :) ..holds the gun closer than any paddle I've ever used ..Is well worth having at least one imo.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Someone, maybe Glockparts, told me the large size will hold the 21SF with pic rail. I have ordered one and should know in about a week. Last week someone on this forum said they had problems with the full size Glock being pushed out of the sport/combat holster when sitting down and thought it would be better if the holster covered the entire length of the slide. It is too bad Glock does not make it longer.
Someone else on this forum said the larger size holster allows a faster draw of the smaller Glocks but still holds them well.

·
Armchair IPSCer
1,009 Posts
I have a massive aversion to these synthetic/hard plastic stuff holsters because in the past I've seen horrible holster wear caused by them fast. I have a friend with a G35 and you can count the number of times he's drawn it from his comp-tax, or whatever, by the lines (scratches) on the slide.
Does the Glock holster cause any visible wear to your pistols? Is it a softer plastic? Why is this better than a woven nylon one for like USPSA?
Thanks.

·
NRA Member
2,412 Posts
I'm using a Glock Sport/Combat right now.

It doesn't conceal quite as well as an IWB (Comp-Tac M-Tac), but with a decent cover garment, it does just fine.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts