Glock speed loader

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by the iceman, Jun 12, 2007.

1. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

The speed loader that comes with every pistol sucks! I cannot get it to work at all. Anyone else having this problem?

2. troy96

troy96

Nope, push it down insert round to the post, pull up loader push round all the way in.

3. Travispitt

Travispitt

you have have to push down with the loader then get the round started in the mag, then releses pressure on the loader and slide the round back...

4. Cop Pop

Cop Pop

The only benefit of the Glock magazine loaders are that they are free. They work, sort of; but not very well. The best magazine loader on the market today is the upLULA, brought to you by the same folks who created the Fobus kydex holsters and the UZI sub-machine gun. One loader handles 9mm, 357 Sig, 40 S&W, 10mm and 45 single and double stack magazines.And its FAST. It's a bit pricy at about $40, but it's actually 5 loaders in one. Once you try it, you won't want to be without it. Oh, there are also models for the AR-15, AK-47, H&K MP5, UZI, M1A, M-14, FN FAL and the AR-15 9mm SMG, at $30 each caliber.

5. syne_24

syne_24

6. Habu

Habu

The best magazine loader is your HANDS!

But no, never a problem with the Glock item, I sometimes use it at the range--very simple, very fast...

7. Cleric1stClass

Cleric1stClass

I think the glock loader is okay, the uplula is bad a** and i dont know if anyone has heard of it, but the mantis loader sucks too, its better than the glock one, but it sucks...:upeyes:

8. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Step away from your pistol....

This ain't rocket science, man, read your manual.

It's easy, just takes a bit of practice.

Ime out :thumbsup:

9. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

10. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

The mag loader provided by Glock is just like the gun, it's simple and it works great, I use it all the time with my 33 round mags.

Put the loader on the mag and push it down as far as it'll go.
    [​IMG]

Push the rear of the next cartridge back into the magazine until it is stopped by the loader.
    [​IMG]

Keep rearward pressure on the cartridge while raising the magazine loader.
    [​IMG]

When the cartridge clears the bottom edge of the loader, just finish pushing the round in till it seats completely in the magazine.
    [​IMG]

Repeat for the next round....with a little practice it works very well, and it's especially useful to get the last few rounds in.

Yes, it's normally a two handed operation, but I had to hold the camera with one hand too. :)

:patriot:

11. Xenia

Xenia

I have a terrible time loading mags. I bought one of these and love it. I highly recommend it.

12. GOOFA

GOOFA

I also use the HKS GL-940 around $10:thumbsup:

13. LoneWolfUSMC

LoneWolfUSMC

I will be picking up a upLULA soon.

If I had it back during my Rookie firearms training I would have saved a buttload of bandaids. Loading thousands of rounds a week can give you some blisters.

14. Aristotle13

Aristotle13 Senior Member

Call me adaptable, but I really like the glock reloader. I can get all 5 of my mags loaded for a match in no time flat and use it quite a bit.

I just balance it on my knee and use both hands. I can't imagine having to use anything any more efficient and faster than how I already load.

Just figure out a routine and it's as fast and efficient as you need to simply load mags.

different strokes I guess.

15. kumander

kumander

speaking of speed loaders, I have an extra one that I'm trying to get rid of, It's 5173 for 45/10mm. Tell me what you got for trade if you need one."[email protected]". Thanks guys.

16. OleFart

OleFart

While I can use the loader that comes with the Glock, the Uplula is so much easier and faster.

While I CAN load using my fingers it's a real PITA. I messed up my thumb/hand playing with the big boys and anything I can do to make it easier I do. Also, it's very easy to get ALL the rounds in on a new mag.:)