close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Glock Slides - $65

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by kend, Nov 15, 2003.

1. kend

kend

2. NightWolfe

NightWolfe Grumpy Glocker

thats a steal ..

anyone know if this guy is ok to deal with ? or is he just scamming .. seems to good to be true

3. kend

kend

I don't know anything about him, just ran across the ad.

4. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Thanks, Ken!

Funny he does not list the exact models he has?

Unless he's got a ton of them!

SR

5. AC37

AC37 SystemicAnomaly

From the ad, it appears most of the slides are stipped of parts. We're not talking about complete uppers here.

6. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

"Want $65 for each slide. $5 for hand-select. S&H is a flat $9. No pic's or paypal. Certified funds or M.O. only. No tire-kickers please."

I'll try to get his permission to publish his personal info on the web.

This is not a reference, I do not know this person.

7. gofer

gofer

I'm sending out my money tomorrow for a G-19 hand picked slide. I'll post back with the outcome when it arrives.

8. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

I just received an OK to post this info from the $65 slide man.
    He took the time to respond to multiple emails from me in what struck me as a professional manner.

Message follows:
    I'm glad your doing this before you'll say I take it. Many have ordered and then want references. Meanwhile I lose a potential sale on something I don't even know is sold? You can check my internet references at www.subguns.com or talk to Tom Bowers at that site. He and I have conducted good business off and on for a couple of years. Thank you for your interest.

Kevin Philbin
    National Account Executive
    Murphy Research, Inc.
    Glenview, IL. 60025

9. Flipster

Flipster

I contacted him at his hotmail email account. He replied to me with an AOL email address.

I asked about a G20 slide, he says he has one. I told him I'd take it and he replied with the business address, as posted above, asking me to make the MO out to that name.

I asked for a name and a phone number, he replied asking if I really needed that. I sent a reply saying I did, explaining why and offered that he could send the slide to my easily verified employer and then I'd pay him.

He replied saying:

My name is Kevin Philbin and I'm the National Account Executive of Murphy Research, Inc. I'm the owner of this business. I've decided not to give out my phone number unless it's truly needed. I've had plenty of 15 minite phone calls from people who didn't end up buying anything. I've also had plenty of people call me five times a day about little details and other unnecessary things that could have been done on line. All of these things consume my time! Time is something I unfortunately don't have. I run three business's. This Internet stuff is just to get rid of odds and ends. I asked for no tire-kickers in my postings. If you wanted references I definitely could have given them. Next time I would recommend asking for them right off the bat. The Glock 20 slide is no longer available. Thank you.

My first contact with him was to say I'd take it. He read it at 7:36, our last comm was at 7:59 asking what I outlined above. Gee, I guess I really wasted his time?

By the way, there is no listing for his business on Anywho (ATT) or on Qwestdex and no listing for his name (not a big deal)........So far, what I can find about the address is that it seems to be an apartment complex.

I'd use great caution here, folks....

10. PzGren

PzGren

After reading this, I'd not take it off him for $20. If he does not want to take the time to sell them, and give at least a phone number, it looks queer. Anyway, I am wondering who has heard of a source for used slides only? Which moron threw the frames and barrels away?

11. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

I tried looking this guy up and can't locate him. If anybody can get a physical address for him, please let me know.

I'm starting to think I should maybe ask the Glenview Police if they know anything about him.. or at least the BBB and consumer affairs!

Caveat emptor..

12. gofer

gofer

Sent my payment out tuesday (11/18).
    Received E-mail today (11/20) that the payment arrived, the slide had been sent and the UPS tracking number was included.

All my e-mails have been answered in timely manner. The e-mails were concise and to the point. I will post again when it arrives.

As retread stated this is not a reference and I do not know Mr Philbin. I'm just posting my experience with this transaction.

Check "subguns.com" http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/inquiry.cgi
    under Reference CK:Murphy Research Inc.

13. kend

kend

Has anyone posted a reference request on subguns.com? He may have a lousy attitude but If I were interested in the slides I'd find out before writing him off as a low life. I've dealt with people that were jerks but came through on the deal. I'm all over not getting screwed on this stuff as I've been taken to the cleaners once but it doesn't take any more effort to post a reference request than it does to trash someone because they suck at PR.

14. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

I can relate to someone not wanting to spend alot of time on the phone. Especially on a low profit item. I get torqued when some people repeatedly call me using business as an excuse just to talk. If your lonely, go shooting, go to a bar, or get a part-time job. We got one guy (Gofer) who's already ordered one. Let's wait and see how it goes.

15. gurn

gurn

I ordered a Glock 19 slide from him. I'll post the results. He has also answered all of my emails pretty fast. I know I've done business with him before, but can't remember if it was buying or selling, and he's not on my ****list.

16. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Recieved slides ordered today.

All are in good to exc. condition.

However one is very early with only an "S" prefix to a 4 numeral serial # and ejection port has not been modified.

17. bofe954

bofe954

Could somebody repost the guy's email. The ad link is no longer functional. Hopefully that is not a bad sign. I'd like to try and get a 20 slide if the guy is OK.

18. Carlitos

Carlitos

Yeah, I need that too. I'd like to get a 17 slide if he has any. Price is right & positive reports are good. His E-mail is?????

19. Flipster

Flipster

20. gurn

gurn

I got my Glock 19 slide from him. Fast transaction and excellent shape slide with everything but the barrel and guide rod.