GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IIRC, when they first started showing photos of the RTF Glocks, they had crescent shaped serrations in (on?) the slide. The pics of them I'm seeingnow have the traditional straight up and down serrations the same as the previous models.

What happened to the crescent shaped serrations? Is my mind playing tricks on me? Are the pain meds going to my brain? I'd swear I saw them on the early RTF 22's.

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
42,098 Posts
What Drew said,......
Below is my G21sf RTF2, fired casing date, 01/06/10

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Any particular reason that Glock went back to the "old style" serrations?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Probably because the fish gills were ugly as hell

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
I remember the first Glock RTF I saw... it was a G-22. ASAP I bought it. I very much like the entire pistol... RT grip and all, including the serrations on the slide. I prefer the scalloped serrations over the simple standard pattern. Nevertheless, Glock's reverting to the standard pattern likely reflects customer feedback. There is no reason to complain for a company responding to customer preference. I am glad to have my G-22RTF. Maybe later I will be able to buy a G-17RTF. However I must confess that I have been having thoughts about a G-21... decisions, decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well, you're not crazy, I have a G17 RTF2 with the crescent serrations. Unfortunately, they were not well received by the Glock customer base. They just didn't sell, but the RTF2 grip texture was well received. So, Glock did away with the crescents and kept the RTF2 (at least on the 3rd Gens.) The new 4th Gens have a new RTF texture that is less abrasive than the RTF2, but the same concept. Still no return to the crescents, though. I'm sure you can find them on the used market, though. Good luck.

IIRC, when they first started showing photos of the RTF Glocks, they had crescent shaped serrations in (on?) the slide. The pics of them I'm seeingnow have the traditional straight up and down serrations the same as the previous models.

What happened to the crescent shaped serrations? Is my mind playing tricks on me? Are the pain meds going to my brain? I'd swear I saw them on the early RTF 22's.

Thanks,
John

·
Glock Lover
552 Posts
Probably because the fish gills were ugly as hell
I thought it looked really good and unique. I've wanted one for some time, but of course the rounded serrations were discontinued 1 month before my birthday.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I hope this meens my RTF2 G19 with the Cresent Serations will become "RARE".
I like the "Fish Gill" cocking serations & I know I'm not alone in my feelings..

·
Registered
560 Posts
I just got my g 17 rtf2 las week but it sounds like it might be a good idea for me to pick up another one while there are still a few out there.

·
Premium Member
42,098 Posts
I just got my new G17 rtf2 2 week ago and she has standard vertical serration.......
While I do like the fish gills, I perfer the straight serrations better.

Milemaster, :welcome: to GlockTalk,.....congrats on the G17 RTF2! :wavey:

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks!!!

Yes, the straight serrations works better in tac situations and i feel better them with gloves.

However "boomerangs" are nice too.

TNX again!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was starting to like it. Now that it's gone, I want the crescent serration model.

If I can only get Gen 4. + Crescent serr., that would be the bomb for me. (I know that it doesn't exist..)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts