close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Slide Contouring?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CHOVY-MAN, Nov 11, 2004.

1. CHOVY-MAN

CHOVY-MAN

;c ANYONE OUT THERE HAD OR TRIED TO CONTOUR THE TOP/LENGTH OF THE GLOCK SLIDE A-LA 1911???????

THINKING OF DOING MY G26, I CARRY IT MOST OF THE TIME AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT AS COMPACK, SMOOTH AND SNAG FREE AS POSSIBLE.

ANY HELP OR OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

THANKS

2. WERA49

WERA49

Someone probably will do that for you. The problem with contouring the slide is the loss of weight. After that it will need to be coated in something (whatever your favorite is).
    When I realized that my G27 was to big for me, I sold it and bought a Kahr PM40. That may not be the answer you were looking for, but it has worked well for me.

These are my everyday carry items.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/AR-50_Fan/Guns/Pistols/2004_1105Image0014.jpg

3. SgtWes

SgtWes

I wish I could find the web site for you but there was a gunsmith in Arlington Texas who would reduce the slide on glocks, he would actually remove the sights and cut a channel down the top of the slide and stick in tritium inserts for a snag free gun. All I know is that he did work on lever actions and did this cut down to a couple different makes of handguns.

4. Mtrclass

Mtrclass

Yes, you can recontour or lighten the slide on a Glock. We do it regularly on competition Glocks and there is no reason that it wouldn't work on a carry gun.

5. CHOVY-MAN

CHOVY-MAN

BOB:

WHERE WERE YOU IN LAW ENFORCEMENT? SBSO?

ANYWAY THANKS FOR THE INFO WILL PM YOU. THANKS MICHAEL

6. Mtrclass

Mtrclass

Yap, SBSO...........