Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned Glocks since 1998, love them, I trust my life and the safety of my home and my family to them...
I have never, ever, seen so many complaints and so many dissatisfied Glockers until now with the gen4 fiasco.
A leader in the gun industry has to own up to mistakes and make things right. Ruger has done it a few times so has Walther, Taurus and several other manufactures...
Complaints about the gen4 started as soon as the first gun was sold, over 10 months ago... and Glock has been silent about the whole thing...
How long R they going to watch veteran Glockers complaint from the sidelines before some sort of acknowledgment or press release about the gen4. problems.?
Good riddance and god's speed 2 the many of U with a flawless gens4, I'm very happy 4 u... But just think about ur fellow glockers who r having trouble with a gun that could just as easily have been yours... guns that were purchased with the understanding that they were buying the BEST...
A company as big and as powerful as GLOCK should have no trouble making things right for those Glockers who did NOT get the best that Glocks has 2 offer...

·
just me
8,188 Posts
I have owned Glocks since 1998, love them, I trust my life and the safety of my home and my family to them...
I have never, ever, seen so many complaints and so many dissatisfied Glockers until now with the gen4 fiasco.
A leader in the gun industry has to own up to mistakes and make things right. Ruger has done it a few times so has Walther, Taurus and several other manufactures...
Complaints about the gen4 started as soon as the first gun was sold, over 10 months ago... and Glock has been silent about the whole thing...
How long R they going to watch veteran Glockers complaint from the sidelines before some sort of acknowledgment or press release about the gen4. problems.?
Good riddance and god's speed 2 the many of U with a flawless gens4, I'm very happy 4 u... But just think about ur fellow glockers who r having trouble with a gun that could just as easily have been yours... guns that were purchased with the understanding that they were buying the BEST...
A company as big and as powerful as GLOCK should have no trouble making things right for those Glockers who did NOT get the best that Glocks has 2 offer...
:upeyes: THEY DO MAKE IT RIGHT !!!!

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
I'm not sure they even know what the problem is. It's only happened with the 9mms so far, some people with the original strong spring using weak ammo have had no problems while the people who had problems switched to the weak spring with strong ammo and still had problems. So I think it's something else, maybe a huge run of out-of-spec extractors or trigger housings.

·
Registered
11,603 Posts
Most of the naysayers never owned or shot a G4 Glock. Many that had issues did not clean and lubricate before shooting and used the lowest quality ammunition available. Glock has addressed the problem and will ship the latest spring to anyone with a G4 9mm Glock that has an issue. Most will not have a Glock Armorer look at their gun and try to determine if there is a gun issue, ammo. issue, shooter issue or any combination of the above.
How many EXPERIENCED GLOCK OWNERS had an issue they could not resolve with proper cleaning/shooting technique/ammunition/spring change?

·
Registered
31,722 Posts
My G4 19 is 100%. With original spring and crappiest-of-the-crap ammo.

·
S.R.D. v
10,190 Posts
I'm not sure they even know what the problem is. It's only happened with the 9mms so far, some people with the original strong spring using weak ammo have had no problems while the people who had problems switched to the weak spring with strong ammo and still had problems. So I think it's something else, maybe a huge run of out-of-spec extractors or trigger housings.

Not so.

·
Shellback
5,833 Posts
Do you own a Gen4 and if so, are you experiencing problems with it?
I did (Gen4 G19), and yes I did have problems with feeding all types of ammo. I went back to Gen3, and no problems. I have owned many, many, many Glocks, and NEVER had a problem, until the Gen4... So, yes... There is a problem. Is it hit and miss? Yes... But clearly a problem.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
My Gen4 17 has been more reliable than the Gen3 it replaced. It has 1220 rounds with no failures, the Gen3 had a stovepipe at the 1100 mark. Not to mention it has the "too strong" spring from the G22. I do use quality ammo though, I rather shoot 150 rounds of good factory ammo than 175 rounds of cheap reloads for the same price.

·
Banned
2,733 Posts
I did (Gen4 G19), and yes I did have problems with feeding all types of ammo. I went back to Gen3, and no problems. I have owned many, many, many Glocks, and NEVER had a problem, until the Gen4... So, yes... There is a problem. Is it hit and miss? Yes... But clearly a problem.
I was asking the OP.

The "Gen4 problem" clearly seems to be more of a problem on Glocktalk than anywhere else on the internet or in the real world, at least that has been my experience.

One of the reasons the Gen4 seems to be so problematic around here is because numerous threads are started everyday by people who don't even have any first hand experience with Gen4s (similar to the OP of this thread i suspect). A few people having a few issues shooting weak crappy ammo with brand new recoil springs that probably just needed a little breaking in, doesn't justify all the hysteria that runs ramped here.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Glock did own up if not then they would not have made
the 02, 0 2 1 and 04 springs and did something to help the problem instead of making excuses or turning a blind eye. Sometimes the road to perfection takes a few tweaks.

Maybe they didn't have a "press conference" but Sig did not either with the Sig P250 issues and not any company has done that. They have made some effort, is it good enough to satisfy everyone, you can't please everyone. Look how long Toyota took before they told the world about all their recalls.

Every new product gun or not can have kinks in it that need to be ironed out. If you look back into the M&P at the beginning when it came out I was managing at a range/shop and they had issues, we had several people come back and complain, S&W did fix their problems. I didn't buy one till last year and it was flawless, I knew they would but waited and didn't try and lynch them.

Look back into the history of cars when the cars were suppose to be this great invention then after years of deaths they finally needed to require seat belts and how many F---ing years did it take and deaths did it take.

And don't get me started on the invention of toilets and all the mistakes that were made with the 1st hundred years of the invention.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Wow! another controversial gen 4 thread. Good luck to you all for this is a neverending never win topic.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
I did not purchase a Glock Gen 3 until 2003. I am not first hand aware of any issues the first run of theses guns had. If I'm correct I read something where there was some issues regarding the first run of Gen 3's in the early 90's before they became perfect. Not 100% sure and don't remember the exact post. Can someone shed more light on this.

Read this thread about an issue with a new Gen 3 gun at the time and some of their early issues.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1062468

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
Its talked about more here than anywhere else because this is GlockTalk. Where else would anyone expect to read the most update info regarding Glocks?

Just do a search for Gen 4 and you'll find thread after thread and post after post of unhappy gen 4 owners. Alot more post from actual owners then just naysayers.

So now folks are saying " Well you just need better ammo" or " you need a stiffer spring" or whatever the excuse may be.

The fact of the matter is, its an excuse for Glock puting out a lemon and those who bought one need to justify their purchase by trying to defend it with all these excuses.

If it were another brand with these issues, you all would be the first to hop on here and bash the hell out of it regarding how much of a POS it is but since its your beloved Glock, well theres an excuse for it..

Hell, I'd buy a Hi-Point before I'd buy a Gen 4. Atleast they are more reliable and less of a hit or miss situation..

·
clever quip
1,165 Posts
meh...glock couldnt get the 30sf right... so Im not surprised. And just like the 30sf...more people DIDNT have problems with them than DID. But those that DID had truly flawed from the factory guns.

I think Glock will remain hush until the majority or a particular product ends up being flawed.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
All things mechanical will have issues,
Even glocks!
Glock as a company will never admitt to an issue,
But will do " upgrades".....
That being said, i love my gen 2 and 3 glocks.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I think the main reason people are upset, is that glock always bosts PERFECTION,
So they need to live up to that.

·
20,411 Posts
When the 9mm Gen3's first appeared in 1998, most Glocktalkers complained about those dumb, stupid finger grips. Futhermore, Gen3 frames would not fit in quality kydex holsters made for Gen2 frames. At that time in history, Glock flat out stopped making Gen2 frames and went 100% to Gen3 frames. Folks here swore that they would never buy a Gen3 Glock as long as Gen2's could be found. You know, folks are still complaining about those finger grips. The complaining here will never end. Of course, don't forget all those stovepipe jams with Gen3 G17C's and G19C's than could not possibly be operator issues or lousy cheap ammo related. Must be those over sprung pistols.

And don't forget the ejector upgrades in the Gen2 40's, or the 2002 Gen3 frame upgrade on the now famous E-series.

Perhaps, since Glock cannot satisfy the finicky American civilian market, Glock should stick to Law Enforcement and Military sales, leaving civilians to choose between Springfields, S&W's, Sigs, Rugers, Berettas, Walthers and HK's. Then instead of complaining, we here can re-live the good old days when civilians could purchase Glocks.

Personally, I feel my 1996 Gen2 G19 is finer than any Gen3 G19 ever made. I expect, over time, I will feel the same way about my Gen4 G19.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts