close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Sight Tool - Anybody have a Video?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 2amnd2, May 28, 2007.

1. 2amnd2

2amnd2 NRA MEMBER

I purchased the new front and rear Glock sight tools to avoid banging on my glock with a hammer. I have a video showing how to use a hammer and punch, but would like to see a video clip (if anyone has one please post) of the tools in action. Thanks...

2. glock-ewe

glock-ewe

Download this:

http://www.stevespages.com/pdf/glock_armorers_manual_update.pdf

If you are new to Glocks then this manual is essential. Page 36 starts the Sight Removal and Installation section. The picture of the Glock sight tool is not quite the same as the tool I have but the directions are close enough to get you going.

3. 2amnd2

2amnd2 NRA MEMBER

Thanks for the .pdf manual Ed, absolute mandatory reading material. Still, if anyone has a video clip showing the two 2006 Glock factory rear and front sight tools in action it would help as I am a visual learner, and although the manual has a great description and a few great diagrams, a video of the tools in action would be worth 10,000 words to this visual learner.

4. johnydoe

johnydoe

Where can I find the video?

5. 2amnd2

2amnd2 NRA MEMBER

Send me your name and address and I'll pass mine along

6. glock-ewe

glock-ewe

7. 2amnd2

2amnd2 NRA MEMBER

Once again Ed, thank you for the great information. Randy Smith has done an excellent job and I hope others will follow his example. Although the rear sight tool used in the rear sight install video is not the new Glock brand I recently purchased, the tools operation is basicaly the same and is what I was looking for, a great visual demonstration of proper rear sight tool usage. Randy Smiths front sight removal video is also an excellent visual aid and professionaly done. Anyone viewing this video will know the best way I have seen yet to remove the front sight. The front sight install video is perfect for the perticular sight used. Now, if I can find someone who has a video of the new Glock front sight 'staking tool' for use with tighter fitting sights I will have seen with own two eyes the suggested 'proper' usage of the front sight staking tool. Thanks Randy Smith for your videos, and thank you Ed for taking the time to help find these valuable sight aids.

8. 2amnd2

2amnd2 NRA MEMBER

The DVD I have to offer is ok and the offer still stands, but we will both save postage if you use these videos posted by Ed. Randy Smith has done an excellent job, better than the video I was going to send to you, and you can download them now instead of waiting for the DVD via USPS.