close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Sight Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by T.C. Hager, Aug 11, 2002.

1. T.C. Hager

T.C. Hager

I have recently bought a 19 with fixed sights that will have to be replaced. I shoot IDPA and I have shot with Glock Adjustables and Meprolight night sights. I am looking for good set up just for competitive shooting. I am leaning toward an all black adjustable rear with some sort of red dot front. I haven't found this combination yet. If anyone can offer any suggestions or lead me in the right direction I would be most thankful.

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

3. fatdog

fatdog

On my G17 used for IPDA and USPSA production, I personally like the MMC adjustable rear and a Heinie short (.216)front because it gives me the right height and some "air gap" in the sight picture without having to file on either end. You could take that sight setup (or any for that matter) and paint the front one red or you might explore a MMC adjustable rear and a Dawson fiber optic front to get your red color.

4. glockster96

glockster96 Moderator Lifetime Member

My favorite combination so far is a Heinie slant pro rear with a dawson fiber front sight.

Good luck.:)

5. Guest

My fav is the Heinie Glock Specialty set with the front narrowed to .100

6. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

C.T.

...I recommend, that before you make the purchase on a new set of sights, paint your current front sight some bright color and give that a try. Doesn't work for you, there's no loss.

I painted my front sight orange, and since then I've won 2 Glocks and $150 shooting GSSF. It worked for me.

Jay

7. vluc

vluc

Basic Heinie in the back, opened up to 150, dawson fiber optic.

8. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

The only suggestion I would make is to replace the original Glock plastic sights with metals ones from your favorite manufacturer. I have seen on many occasions original Glock plastic/polymer front sights get sheared off when shooting though ports and also while doing the simple act of un-holstering the firearm. I currently have Bo-Mars, Heinies and Trijicons and they are all good sights it's simply a matter of your preference. BTW, Custom Glock is currently in the process of installing buried Bo-Mar's on one of my G35's.

9. Tom Novak

Tom Novak

I also install low mounted bo-mar's-hope this pic comes out

10. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

For my IDPA gun, a Glock 22, I have a standard Glock adjustable rear sight with a HiViz fiber-optic up front. I'm quite satisfied with this setup. IIRC, the HiViz only cost me around $20 or so.

http://www.hivizsights.com/handgun.html