close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Sideracker for Competition Shooting

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kerrywaz1, Aug 21, 2006.

1. kerrywaz1

kerrywaz1

Does anyone know of a sideracker for Glock that doesn't go in the dovetail? I have a G31 I use for USPSA competition and it has a JPoint in the sight dovetail. My arthritic hands have trouble racking the slide (especially during the matches)and a sideracker would sure be great. The only ones I have found on the Internet are designed to fit in the sight dovetail which won't work for me in this case.

Thanks,
    KW

2. skorpio

skorpio Arsenal? Me?

No, but yo might speak with a gunsmith and ask if he can weld on one for you, I'm guessing in front of the optic.

3. skorpio

skorpio Arsenal? Me?

Now that's cool!

4. kerrywaz1

kerrywaz1

Thanks!

I ordered one of the charging handles from Mako Tactical. Has anyone used one of these before? It seems like the backplate would not be that strong, but what do I know? I'll give it a try.

--- Kerry

5. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Seems like a back plate replacement would be just as tough as a rear sight replacement. Lots of thick steel around there. You're not going to tear the slide apart by pulling on it with your hand.

6. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

I've used mine for two uspsa seasons now. Love it! Only one thing to remember, you pull it straight back. The handle itself will pull out of the backplate(it is removable) if you pull sideways instead of straight back. I lost mine at a big match, in the mud. I searched & searched between each shooter in my squad. Believe it or not, later in the day someone found it & left it with the r.o. so it wasn't a complete loss. I actually have two I like it so well. On top of the obvious, it also holds it up off a table for those pesky table starts. I've never had trouble with table starts as far as grabbing the gun but I have had the mag release depressed & drop a mag just after coming off the table. This thing is limited division legal, also. That is where I primarily shoot. Good luck, MLM