Glock Shortage?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stonesfan99, Jun 5, 2020.

1. mevorhees

mevorhees

What bag is that? I am interested in getting something like that.
    Thanks

2. buster55

buster55 Senior Member CLM

mevorhees likes this.

3. mevorhees

mevorhees

4. stonesfan99

stonesfan99

Well finally found a place in my area that had the Gen 5 G19 in stock and grabbed one, ~$530 which I thought was more than a fair price considering Glocks are out of stock everywhere near me. Any caveats I should be aware of? Also, anyone know how to swap out the grip panels they give you with it?

5. jstaylor62

jstaylor62

In the past month, I have bought three Glocks online; two Glock 44s and a Glock 19M

Stock at the various LGS are pretty low and picked over. Of course, there has been a run on firearms after the rioting and looting started. But also, Glock started their annual Veteran's sale on Memorial Day. That opens up Blue Label pricing to any Veteran with a DD-214 and a honorable discharge. Past couple of years I have seen the inventories drop when that sale starts. Inventories usually recover later in the Summer for more popular models.

6. jstaylor62

jstaylor62

I'm a fan of the long slide Glocks as well. I have three Glock 41 MOS ;-)

7. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I went to Bud’s yesterday just to look at CZ rifles. There was a line out the door. I didn’t stick around.

8. Mdeng

Mdeng

I run a small home based FFL in VA. We have a pair of Glock 34 MOS in stock. They are consecutive S/N's and I am hoping to sell them as a pair.

9. JBP55

JBP55

MO MONEY!

10. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

The past 4 months have been near record sales based on the background check numbers. How would sales be breaking records if gun stores had no inventory and shelves are bare as some claim? These claims sound like one of those inane Yogi Berra quotes - "nobody is buying guns because the stores are too busy"

11. JBP55

JBP55

The stores are almost empty because of the selling spree this year. Fact!
    Call any Glock Distributor such as GT Distributors and ask why no Glocks.

boilergonzo likes this.
  12. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

This is why I changed back in '14. Was tired of tinkering and upkeep. Wanted a proven gun and didn't care about little complaints. Got 2 1911's and 2 revolvers left. Everything else is Glocks.

Both 1911's I have left were not expensive and are reliable, so I may keep them for SHTF backups. Both have arched MSH's, so I can present from a draw and be right on target, just lime my full size Glocks, without a sight ref.

eta - Went shooting, last night, at my local indoor. They are a Glock dealer but had one Glock in stock...a Gen 5 34 listed at $849.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    stonesfan99 likes this.
  13. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I am not following. If a system normally runs at 80% of capacity (distribution/manufacturing), and stores normally have $100,000 in inventory, if a crisis hits and guns stores inventory falls to zero and distribution/manufacturing ramps up to 100%, you simultaneously have record sales and severely reduced inventory. And those shortages take a long time to correct.

It is the very same for toilet paper. They normally manufacture 100 arbitrary units (with fairly predictable run rates, due to human biology and stable populations of poopers!). Suddenly, people are buying two times that, at 200 arbitrary units. Maximum manufacturing capacity is 120 arbitrary units. So, we see record sales, empty shelves, and an unmet demand of 80 arbitrary units. For months on end!

And just like guns, nobody is building a new toilet paper plant to meet the increased demand. Because everybody knows this is an irrational spike, and that future demand will settle to more normal poop-utilization levels. Gun sales will eventually go down (eventually, with November elections and other events still to determine the length and strength of the current demand spike), and people will continue to wipe the same amount. Building a new plant would only result in idled factories in a year or two, without regaining the investment. Nobody is going to throw money away like that! They will run extra shifts and go at the highest manufacturing rates with what they have, but we (customers) have what we have. That won't change until demand stabilizes at a normal level. Then and only then, will guns and toilet paper will be reliably on all the store shelves.

14. 540mope

540mope

As of last weekend, a local pawn shop/dealer that is usually chock-full of new and used Glocks and 1911s was practically empty of every handgun accept for 3 pocket carry sized .380s. All ARs are gone. The only long guns available are bolt action military surplus and some shotguns. No self defense and 'SHTF' related firearms remain. The display cases and shelves are now filled with compound bows.
    It was at that shop that i was lucky to find a dirt cheap and like new 582 series Mini-30 before the "covid19 epidemic" scam hit

15. The Father

The Father

Damn, in last two weeks I have sold extra Glock 43, 17, and 19 that I have in the arsenal.

16. Nagoya10

Nagoya10

I've been meaning to drop by the local gun store I usually shop at in a nearby town just to see what they have left or can get as I want to get a Gen5 26, but last night they got burgled pretty good. Looks like someone may have hooked a chain or something on the front door and bars and pulled them out with a vehicle. No idea what they got, but in the past the place had A LOT!. Although I bet they have been much more bare with the panic buying. It's the second gun store hit by vandals or burglars in the area.

We better hope Trump gets back in, although he is doing his utmost to destroy his chances lately with thug pandering, anti-police EO's and complete inaction, besides tweets, on the communist and terrorist takeovers of nearly all large cities. Hopefully he is just letting these places have a taste of what they want thereby increasing his chances of winning, but if we get Dementia Joe we can kiss just about anything firearm related good-bye. The communist-democrat party will not wait 2 years to try to do gun bans like they did with The Obama, it will be priority 1 in the first 100 days at the longest. Kiss any magazine beyond 10 (but probably 7) rounds gone and all semi rifles and probably most semi pistols along with parts for both.

17. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

Don't sweat it, my friend. The Democrats and DS are attempting to split their opposition.
    Don't fall for it. President TRUMP is on our side of things.

18. Icebourg

Icebourg

Very very very true. Better buy up now folks. If Biden gets in, prices will skyrocket if you are even able to bye something

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

19. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

My point is that gun stores are receiving constant shipments hence the record sales. They just don't have excess inventory sitting around. Say 100 guns are delivered to the store by UPS at 9:00 am. By 5:00pm they have only a few left. You walk in and see the empty shelves and think they have nothing and are dead. No, you just weren't there at the right time.

boilergonzo likes this.
  20. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

What generation are you looking for ?? Are you near milwaukee area ?? I am and my ffl sells guns and he seems to find most guns pretty easily. If your near the milwaukee area let md know. I will message you his contact info. I have some gen 2 glock 19's around if you need to try one out.