Glock Shortage?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stonesfan99, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Rock2411

Rock2411

My Dept. G17/G19 order is almost a month old and still waiting on some G19s.

Will-21 likes this.
  2. Will-21

Will-21 You Breed 'Em, YOU Feed 'Em!

I have 3 times more firearms than limbs....I have been stocking ammo and a few recoil springs at this point.

flyby1971 likes this.

3. venenoindy

venenoindy

when demand is greater than supply = shortage.

4. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

And this too, shall soon pass.......

Seven High likes this.
  5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Nonsense.

6. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

I bought another pistol yesterday. The shop was really busy but they were fully stocked with guns and ammo. If your local store cannot maintain inventory I think that says more about their management. Well run stores get new shipments from distributors daily. If your store receives inventory once every two weeks and when its gone its gone until the next shipment they are poorly run or under capitalized.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    MCCM likes this.
  7. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

You shouldn't have waited so long and now expect to find one with all this civil unrest. But a used one of off Armslist

8. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

My local place I go shooting at had a G17 yesterday. They said they got their shipment in on Thursday, by Saturday, all they had was the the 17 and a CZ, and the assortment of used stuff I that's been there for weeks. They had a 26 last weekend or the weekend before. And a 48 one Saturday. They said most stuff goes out as soon as it comes in.

All out of ARs and AKs. Still had other rifles and shotguns.

It's been this way since I started going there every week since middle of March.

I just ordered my guns online. But I check every week just in case there's something I can't pass up.

I haven't checked other places locally. I have a range membership, so that's where I go to shoot once or twice a week.

9. Cup of Cheese

Cup of Cheese

I can't find much of anything here in Sacramento. I was looking for a G19 Gen 3 (because of the restrictions). There's someone selling a brand new one for $700 but I'm thinking that's a bit expensive.

10. Glolt20-91

Glolt20-91

I've also noticed police trade-ins, 40 S&W, 45auto and 357 SIG aren't lasting very long either. From what I read, most buyers now are first timers who are afraid during this time of anarchists.

Fortunately, I was able to buy ammunition during the time it was a buyer's market...now the prices have increased rather dramatically.

11. Toocool45

Toocool45

Today I went to go shooting. In the first place I went into they had a new Gen 3 Austrian 19 500.00. The other range i shoot at had a G29, G41 mos, a G43, and a G34 gen5 front seriation model. No other glocks. These ranges usually have at least 20 glocks each?

12. flyby1971

flyby1971

They are all over places like Gbroker

13. GunsNweights87

GunsNweights87

I hope we continue to break records!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

14. JBP55

JBP55

When GT Distributors sells out at all their stores like they have and very few stores have Gen 5 Glocks you should rethink your statement. It sounds as if your store does not sell inventory as fast as most Glock Stores.

boilergonzo likes this.
  15. B0308

B0308

Local shop and range, always good supply, had "most" of their wall hanging long guns sold and the only Glock's remaining were in the Blue Label area.

People responding to the recent rioting and looting are likely to be disappointed. Then they need ammo and magazines. Good Luck.

16. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Not unless enough people get off their lazy asses and vote for Trump in November. And that includes all the Trump-hating gun owners who think they'll be no worse off with the Democrats running the show.

Unless Trump wins by a large enough margin to offset all the voter fraud and the bogus mail-in votes and illegal "Immigrants" voting, if the election is even close, the Democrats will never concede the election and will demand endless re-counts until enough votes are "found" to elect Biden.

Homer2645, PM720, Redloft and 8 others like this.
  17. JPARANEE

JPARANEE

this ^^^^^^^^

IllinoisGun likes this.
  18. MCCM

MCCM

I got a BL G43X the other day with no problems.

19. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

When many, many guns stores in an area are ALL saying they can't get supply from their distributor, it isn't just one store and their orders or fault. It is the upstream supply chain. The ones getting the most guns are the ones that historically sell the most guns. Reps can also shift the allocation to support their most critical clients (helping their buddies, but hurting other gun stores... limited supply to allocate).

Over the last three months, 2.41 MILLION more NICS checked happened than in the prior year. We are setting all-time records for gun sales! It has blown away Black Friday and Christmas sales (the usual gun peak). This was totally unforeseen. On top of that, gun makers do not sell to gun stores. They go through distribution (which takes time!).

So a depleted supply chain due to the panic buying PLUS a lack of investment in manufacturing capacity PLUS a lag from manufacturing to clearing supply chain and arriving at local stores has created a very real shortage. This isn't the fault of local stores.

Again, an unexpected ~2.5M guns sold isn't something that gets addressed quickly. As an example of this, just think about toilet paper... plants running above normal rates, at maximum capacity, and STILL trying to catch up (and just now starting to consistently see supplies on shelves!).

V Gehts likes this.
  20. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Ricky I too could find a 3rd Gen G-19 for around $350 six months ago, not know in Central Indiana. Most LGS are OUT, Local Police supply had Blue Label G-17/19's (SR Jenkins INDY) but no 3rd gen used anywhere, I went to Cabela's, and was shocked to see no Glocks in the display case and one 350 rd box or 9mm for only $110.

boilergonzo likes this.