close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock shooting sports support

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tree Rat, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Tree Rat

Tree Rat CRB original

So I'm considering the list of relevant manufactures to persue for a sanctioned state match sponsorship and it dawned on me....

With Glock so prevelant in IDPA and SSP, and USPSA in production, I would think they would be on top of everyone's list of sponsors.

Problem is they don't seem to wanna play in these arena's.
    I'm sure it's a case of not having too because of their established popularity....or maybe they are just satisfied with only sanctioning the GSSF thing in their own snooty little way?

What say Ye?

TR

2. rhino465

rhino465

Glock donated several certificates for pistols to the last couple of USPSA Kentucky State and Area 5 matches.

However, if you're looking for a gun donation, I think you'll have good luck with Smith & Wesson (the new M&P) and Springfield (the XD).

3. Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

Glock gave Area 5 2 free gun certs this year if I am not mistaken.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

A certificate donation is a gun donation. It's about the same as any other gun donation, especially since it isn't legal for out of state competitors to directly accept a gun as a prize at the match - it has to go through an FFL in their home state either way.

5. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

I have been to several matches with prize Glocks. About as many S&Ws, some Springfields, hardly anything else.

6. rhino465

rhino465

You misunderstood me. I was not saying a certificate wasn't a gun donation.

I was saying that Smith & Wesson and Springfield have been exceptionally generous lately, and if you want to get some certificates for guns donated, they're a good bet.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Seems to me that S&W has suddenly decided to actually try to market their guns. What with hiring the big guns and building 1911's and new designs that, I hear, actually work, they may be getting somewhere.

8. Tree Rat

Tree Rat CRB original

Hmmm....I may have been quick to judge our friends down in Smyrna. I'll check it out. Already have good commits from Springfield and Smith.

Last years match we were able to give out 11 guns with Berretta as the major match sponsor.

TR