GLOCK SFS (Steel Fixed Sights)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Hooah, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Hooah

Hooah

What are your opinions about them? Are they tenifer treated? Are they worth the extra money? I got another G19 that has them and am just curious about them. They seem better then the standard fixed sights on my other GLOCKs.

2. JonInWA

JonInWA

Well, first of all, they're really not much money, if you get them either from Glock Parts Department, or Lone Wolf Distributers. I prefer the Glock steel sights for my REAR sight (and have 'em on both my G17 and G21), but prefer the screw-on steel replacement front sight that Trijicon specifically makes for Glock, and is available through Glock's Parts Department (its the NON-tritium one). My feeling is that a screw-on front sight (especially when a bit of Locktite is used when installing) is more durable than the Glock crimp-on steel sight.

Best, Jon

3. gary newport

gary newport

I very much like the factory steel rear sights and either the screw-on factory front (Lone Wolf apparently still has them) or the one made by Trijicon and available from GlockParts. The steel front has what almost looks like a convex lens in the middle of the white dot and is much brighter than the stock plastic front.