close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock services question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ArkansasBoy, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ArkansasBoy

ArkansasBoy

Hey yall,

I had a question about some of the services Glock had. I always read about the "just send it in to Glock and they'll replace it, or fix it etc. etc. etc". well I have a G23 Gen2 I got on a trade and have shot it plenty of times where I don't question its reliabilty (it is a glock:whistling:). But I really want my slide refinished, if they do that?, and possibly have them look it over real good. My question is how to get it started, prices, and other services they offer that I might be interested in?

Thank yall in advance

ArkansasBoy

2. abq87120

abq87120

Call them and ask. 770-432-1202

3. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

If they find a problem with the frame they may replace it with a Gen3 frame, or they may replace the whole gun with a Gen3 or Gen4.

4. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

So... if he doesn't have a problem with his frame and didn't want to take a chance on getting that swapped out... he could probably just send the slide in, you think?

You bring up a good point, just trying to give the OP some different avenues to pursue.

I *can* tell the OP that the newer finishes aren't as durable as the older ones. I have a G17 I bought in January 2009. It has a lot of competition use and in/out of my Kydex holster. It has *no* wear on the slide to speak of.

The G34 I bought in October last year? The finish is already wearing thin in places. Somewhat unimpressive on their part. I'm not stressing out over it as to me it's just a gun to be used much like a tool is. But I know plenty on this forum who would be posting pics asking "Is this normal?" and all such crap.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Best thing to do is call.

:50cal: