close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock serial numbers and caliber designations?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RyanAnchors, Feb 16, 2012.

1. RyanAnchors

RyanAnchors

Ran across a couple curious Glock 22s the other day. I thought maybe they were police/federal LEO guns that were traded in because of the serial number?

GLOCK 1:
    US in serial number and ".40" caliber markings.
    GLOCK 2:
    US in serial number and ".40sw" caliber markings.

What is the US serial number? All the Glocks I see now are three letters and three digits and have a much smaller serial number plate.
    Why is the caliber marking different?

GLOCK 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RockyMtnG20

RockyMtnG20 NRA Life Member

I think I saw on a YouTube video by Hickock45 where he commented on this issue. Obviously Smith & Wesson developed the .40S&W cartridge & I think he said once the cartridge patent was over 20years old Glock dropped the S&W labeling from their pistols.

3. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

The US suffix on the frame was on all early Glocks. I think it was dropped somewhere around the F series or G series, my GEA G23 doesn't have it.

The serial number prefix of that gun looks to be ELZ, if you own that one you might want to call Glock and ask if the frame needs to be upgraded as part of the "frame rail upgrade". Some of the frames from the three-letter E-series had a different style of rear frame rails, and the rear frame rails could break off. Make sure to give them the entire serial number on the frame, I think some of the replacement frames had "1" followed by the original serial number. From that picture I can't quite see if the frame has a "1" prefix.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

No "US" suffix after serial number FED000 is what we were told in the Armorer Course.