close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock serial number question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mmd, Apr 17, 2012.

1. mmd

mmd

Hi

I have found some info about the serial 3letters+3numbers and the info i found was that it was just a date serial? I want to find out in what store or at least city my gun was sold so i can find out how long it has been used. Do you know if i can do this with the serial number or do i need something more?

2. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

I dont think that is possible

3. mmd

mmd

Is there anyone that work on glock here or anyone that know a email adress to glock so i can email them and ask if i can locate what store that sold the glock.
    I have found a longer number in the slide and on the other side of the barrel. What are these numbers? Can these numbers give me the info that i want?

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

No, the serial number is not a date code. Glocks that are made and assembled in Austria have date codes but most Glocks sold in the US are/were assembled here.

Without calling Glock to ask when your's was made, there are two ways to date it. One is the date on the 'brass envelope' that came with the gun when it was new, the other is the serial number project here on GT. http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287557

If your specific serial number prefix isn't listed, you can get close with the one's listed that are near your's.

I doubt Glock will tell you who they shipped the gun to when it was new, and it may have gone to a wholesaler, and then to a dealer before being sold to an individual. They are also unlikely to take the time to look up said info or give it out.

5. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

The numbers on the barrel, slide and frame should all be the same. If not you have a Glock with mismatched parts.

6. Paul53

Paul53 Scream catcher

I was just as curious. Contacted Glock, after waiting several weeks they told me the same information that's on the brass envelope, the date the gun was test fired. Nothing more.