close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock scope mounts - help

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by tylerdurden244, Jun 7, 2004.

1. tylerdurden244

tylerdurden244

I have a G20. i'm looking to mount a C-More Red Dot sight. i need help selecting a mount. i've got it narrowed down to 3 mounts...

1. Carver @ $149.00
    2. Glockmeister @ $75.00
    3. The Accessories @ $75.00

the glockmeister and The Accessories models looks exactly the same to me. and i can't see why the Carver is twice the price. the glockmeister specs look just as good to me. the carver is also twice the weight.

if any of you have used any of these, i could sure use the input.

2. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

The Assec. and GLockmeister mounts are the same. The Carver mount is more because it is the best mount made for Glocks. I have used both and can assure you that the Carver mount is worth the extra $$.

3. tylerdurden244

tylerdurden244

i had a chance to put a Glockmeister mount on my G20. NOT impressed at all. bolts kept coming loose. just about the time i'd get it sighted in, it would go back out. i wouldn't buy one. but now that i have seen a mount up close, i'm wondering if it is worth it AT ALL to put ANY mount on a glock. give me your best advice TJC...does the carver mount fit tight enough, and stiff enough to keep an accurate sight picture? does it stay put? do the "looser" combat tolerances of the glock make it a no win situation. bottom line...will a 2x scope or red dot mounted on a carver be useful for hunting. i also saw a DocterSight red dot sight up close. it looked good and mounts on the slide. i'm wondering if that is a better option. any thoughts?...

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

The THE Accessories mount won't work on a G20. That ought to narrow your options somewhat.

5. StinkeyPete

StinkeyPete

Have a pistolsmith mount an Optima (or DR, if you can swing it) on the slide, cowitnessed with the iron sights.

The Glock is just not set up to take a frame mount. They just keep rattling loose. Maybe the ones that attach to the accessory under-rail have a snowball's chance of working. I can't tell you how much range time has been wasted on frame mounts that won't stay put. C-more? Ick.

Bitterly,

Pete