Glock Talk banner

GLOCK Safety Pledge Fails to Gain Traction

1252 Views 19 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Glockdude1
Virtually Meaningless GLOCK Safety Pledge Fails to Gain Traction
By Robert Farago on June 16, 2015

The GLOCK “Take the Pledge” video above dropped yesterday. With a thud. Just like R Lee Ermey’s GLOCK safety pledge video, which racked up an unimpressive 4028 views since posting on June 1. You might think that gun blogger Bob Owens’ recent lattimes.com editorial — the one claiming striker-fired guns without external safeties and “light trigger pulls” are and inherently unsafe — inspired Gaston’s spate of well-intentioned, dishwater dull public service announcements. And you might be right. But what’s really wrong: the GLOCK safety pledge . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...s-glock-safety-pledge-fails-to-gain-traction/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· NRA Benefactor
4,679 Posts
Firearms safety should be everyone's business.

· Come on man!!
20,172 Posts
Watching Ermey lecture me without calling me names and threatening to rape my soul is kinda boring.

· Banned
45,550 Posts
I took the Plaxico Burress safety pledge.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
OMG... that was funny as hell!

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I wished I had seen the Gunny video before. This is the first I have heard about it.

I took the Plaxico Burress safety pledge.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Always funny even when one has seen it before.

· Registered
45,276 Posts
I haven't shot myself or anyone else, inadvertently, in my whole life. So what does a pledge now accomplish.

As long as we are asking for pledges, I want a pledge that everyone will observe and honor my rights under the Constitution and quit trying to take them away..

· Registered
16,885 Posts
Watching Ermey lecture me without calling me names and threatening to rape my soul is kinda boring.
Same here, part of the reason I watch anything he does is to see him do his shtick. Same reason I like Ron White, both have their 'thing' they do that I find entertaining.

· Banned
16,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Along the same line.

Stop Deluding Yourself On Gun Safety
By Robert Farago on June 17, 2015

Christ, the gun world is full of so much self delusion and bull****. In any other industry with stringent life-safety requirements (automotive, aerospace, medical equipment, etc.), the idea that a system with no secondary manual safety systems and a lightweight “go” button would be deemed irresponsible. There wouldn’t even be a debate about it, this would be considered so self evident that any engineer or industrial designer who crooned otherwise would be written off as some sort of an idiot . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-owners-stop-deluding-yourself-on-gun-safety/

Seems to be a campaign by Robert Farago against the Glock design. SJ 40

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Dang, I made a resolution not to make pledges.

What a waste of my time.
I would much preferred another Glock/Gunny commercial where he would say, "You picked the wrong gun to be unsafe with!".

I am not a curmudgeon, I am THE Curmudgeon!

· Federal Member
30,588 Posts
Are you "professional enough" to handle a Glock?

(I would post the video, but everyone has seen it!!)

:laughabove:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.