Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NRA 4 Ever
367 Posts
I,ve had one for a while and it is a fine light for the price, which was he sale point for me. I have never shot my Glock with it on and only keep it on my G19 that sits on my night stand next to my extra mag and surefire e2e light. I would however recommend getting a quality flashlight to compliment your GTL especially if you plan on carrying at night, there are very few holsters that will accommodate the GTL.

·
Lurking
2,644 Posts
I have one too. It's a decent light. IMHO, the M-3 by Insight Technologies is slightly better(ergonomics). I have shot my pistol with it on. I haven't done it a lot, maybe a few dozen rounds, but no issues. Holsters that will accommadate a pistol mounted with one of these are hard to find, though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Great for the price. Just don't try to hammer nails with it!!

I have the one with laser, I got a killer deal too. Works great, it just won't get clean after you shoot with it on. Bright enough, easy enough to engage, good battery life. Looks like it belongs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by Marauder.45
Great for the price. Just don't try to hammer nails with it!!

I have the one with laser, I got a killer deal too. Works great, it just won't get clean after you shoot with it on. Bright enough, easy enough to engage, good battery life. Looks like it belongs.

I also have the one with the laser. I think it looks fine and functions fine too. A friend of mine doesn't like the way it looks on my G34, but everyone's taste is different!

·
Mac Aficionado
592 Posts
I also have the Glock TAC Light. Like aforementioned, for the price you can't beat it. It's uber-bright, snaps on and off easily and matches the factory finish. I also find that having an on/off switch on each side of the light is nice, as well as very logically located. I can easily bring my index finger from the resting point along the slide down to the light switch while on the way to the trigger very rapidly.

·
Registered
947 Posts
That's the same one I have as well. Mine is the unit with the laser built in. I was a lil skeptical on how good it would look until I saw it on the rail at the range when the guy showed it to me. It looks like it "belongs" there, almost as if it's a part of the gun. My wife and I shot our G21 with the unit on the gun at the range and when we got home, the light lense cover was pretty dirty. LOL

A Q-tip and a little solvent took it right off though after a lil rubbing and it didn't appear to damage the light lense at all. It's a nice little unit...I'm really happy with it. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only negative thing I can say about it is it won't go on my g27. I don't know when they are going to put a rail on those things.

·
Lurking
2,644 Posts
Originally posted by cajunguy
The only negative thing I can say about it is it won't go on my g27. I don't know when they are going to put a rail on those things.
Yeah, I wonder how long they plan to contine to let Springfield Armory one up them like that (the compact XD)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't find anything cheap the GTL. I just bought one for my G23 and I am impressed. The guy at the shop where I buy my toys told me Glock gave him one to try out. He's been trying to break it for over a year so he can get the TL1 to try. No luck, takes a lot of abuse. I don't think it's that big, like someone said before - the batteries need to go somewhere. It's nearly the same size as a M3 but turned on its side. Mines a winner, and it's a Glock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts