close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Glock" Rumor, or not!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by boarhunter, Mar 2, 2005.

1. boarhunter

boarhunter

Hi all , tuesday I found some more info on the rumor that glock is coming out with new light rails on G29 G30, my source says NO Way, that the light lens would be burnt away It was only talk ..The other stuff about Glock coming out with a slim 10mm ,again they said NO WAY!........As far as the new Glock carbine 5.56 they are tight lip on that to......May be we can just dream about a nice slim compact 10mm and a cool glock carbine sitting by our bed side...........later ......

2. Akita

Akita gone

My source that said 'light rails on G29 and G30 sometime this summer' is a Glock employee that taught a LE Glock Armorer's Class in February.

Time will tell.

3. boarhunter

boarhunter

Did he say how the light set up will be , will it be a mini short light? I have be thing about it if the light will work or not, its hard to tell!

4. 10mmPhil

10mmPhil

5. JMag

JMag

If true, finding a holster will be much fun!! I'll keep my G30 and my G20 rail-less, thank you.

6. Akita

Akita gone

boarhunter:
    "Did he say how the light set up will be , will it be a mini short light? I have be thing about it if the light will work or not, its hard to tell!"

When he mentioned it to the class, I questioned that a normal M-3/6 type light would fit on a G29 without shortening the trigger guard but he restated that it would fit. I dont see how it can without mods like have been mentioned in the earlier thread. Perhaps he was referring to the Glock light???(altho i thought the Glock light is the same size as the M3--anyone know for sure?).

It has since been pointed out to me that there have been rumors of a Glock carbine around for years and that Armorer School instructors have been saying 'soon, soon' the whole time. So I dont know, maybe this is the way Glock does market testing of ideas.
    In any case, I'll trade my G29 in on one with rails if they ever come out with one.