close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Rookie

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by labuyo73, Aug 28, 2006.

1. labuyo73

labuyo73 BOG#17281

Good day everyone!

I recently purchased a G23 for personal defense. I'll probably be able to pick it up from Trust Trade 2-3 weeks from now. Though I just registered the other day, I'd been reading lots of forums here in GT and was able to pick up lots of valuable info on gun handling & care. As a new gun owner, I am hoping you guys can provide some help on what cleaning & maintainance tools/supplies I should buy to better preserve my piece. Specific brands, names of local suppliers and probably the estimated cost of these items will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I plan to shoot just around 50 rds. once a month at the most.

2. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Just let your dog piss on it once in a while, and that should be quite sufficient. It's a Glock.

3. sundancekid

sundancekid

IMO, a good night sights is about all you need to modify on your glock. its very reliable straight from the box. now... all you need to do is practice shooting that baby.... the more you shoot with it, the more proficient you'll be with it! :)

4. magister

magister

welcome to BoG!

as for suppliers, you can refer to the sticky on Saruman's Gun Store Directory. it lists almost all of the local gunshops in the country.

most of the major brands of cleaning supplies are available here (ex. hoppes, breakfree, kleen bore, etc.) though there's other cheaper stuff you can actually use to clean and lube your g23. (kerosene, ATF, motor oil, etc.). use the cleaning kit that will come with your glock for a start then slowly buy what you will need later on.

btw, is the g23 your first pistol? first time with gun also?

5. labuyo73

labuyo73 BOG#17281

Thanks for the advice Sir, I'm also grateful for referring the BoG forum to me.

My father was a LEO so I'm not entirely unfamiliar with guns. I was introduced early to Misters 1911 & M16 because of the insurgency problem we had in the place where I was raised. I even had a Colt Super 38 before that I disposed when I moved to the city since it lacked proper documentation. I never had sufficient training on the range though. Again, thanks for the valuable info you've shared.

6. nrmcolt

nrmcolt What?

..Sayang:sad:

Btw, welcome!

:beer:

7. magister

magister

yun naman pala e. not really a newbie. :) basta, just enjoy your glock once you get it. try to get as much range time as possible. be safe man!

8. vega

vega

Welcome to the forum!

9. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

I guarantee you won't be able to stop at 50 rounds a month! Stay away from lead and lousy reloads. Mas prone yung caliber mo to KB's kaya don't scrimp on ammo. Other than that, just spit on the slide once in a while to keep it lubed!:clown:

Welcome to the forum bro.

10. magsasaka

magsasaka

welcome to the forum labuyo,
    there are lots of old threads about maintenance go check 'em out bro, shoot safe....
    Godspeed...

11. labuyo73

labuyo73 BOG#17281

First, thanks to all for the warm welcome.

bikethief, are the range ammo at ArmsCor safe for the .40 cal. G23? A girl from ArmsCor told me that to "break in" a new pistol, you must first use at least 50-100 rds. of good/factory bullets before you are allowed to use their range ammo, which I've learned are FMJ naman.

12. vega

vega

I believe they will "allow" you to use their range ammo but using factory new ammo already eliminates the ammo as culprit if something goes wrong.

13. revo

revo

Congratulations on your purchase !

You will find Glocks relatively maintenance free.

- To remove dirt, I use Kleen-Bore Gunk-out.

http://secure.armorholdings.com/kleen-bore/product180.html

Just spray on the gun and let dry. You don't need to disassemble but it helps.

- To lubricate, I use BreakFree CLP.

http://www.break-free.com/

Just dab on where metal touches metal.

That's it.

14. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

labuyo73

EXCELLENT CHOICE INDEED, ganyan din kasi binili ko hehehe bias ano, sarap niyang Glock23 indeed very accurate and handsome talaga. Ako I prefer the factory ammo from armscor, although ang break-in ko pa lang sa glock ko is 80 rounds pero decided na ako na from day 1 factory ammo ako at hinding-hindi ko patitikimin ng lead rounds ang glock ko.

Ako plano kong upgrade is surefire light to be fitted on the rails, pero some other time pa medyo tight ang budgeting.

CONGRATS.

15. Allegra

Allegra

Depende , baka their range ammo recipe ay para sa fully supported match barrel ng 1911, mataas ang pressure
    When I posted my match ammo recipe napagalitan ako sa kabilang forum kasi dangerous daw yung load ko for stock pistols