Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey....we are looking at getting a conversion kit, to convert one of our G22s to rimfire. I'm looking at the 'Ceiner' kit, which is $199 and comes with 15 rounds magazines (at $35 a piece), vs. the Advantage Arms Kit which costs $247, and has spare magazines at $19.95 a piece. HOWEVER, the Advantage Arms magazines are 10 round magazines, whereas the Ceiners are 12 and 15 rounds. The Advantage Arms Kit also has a cleaning kit and cleaning oil, which 'justified' (not in my mind) nearly $50 bucks more for the kit...

So, if you all have any experience with them, which kit is best?

Let me know....

THANKS!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Advantage Arms all the way!!!!!!
I have AA Kits for G19/23, G20/21 and a 1911. I also have a couple of Ciener Kits as well but like the AA's better.
The AA's have a last shot Slidelock and the Ciener's do not.
I have found the AA's are more ammo picky than the Cieners but with the correct ammo, they work great.

The AA mags can be made to hold a few more rds. How many depending on mag length. You just shorten the seat for the mag spring at the floorplate.

If you could get G26/27 AA floorplates and followers, you could just swap them out. The 26/27 mags are a lot shorter than the others but still hold 10 rds.

·
Slacked jawed
11,211 Posts
If you go with a Ciener, do not deal directly with Ciener website and instead go through a gunshop or other online distributator that the Ciener conversion "in stock".

I have hear horror stories about long waits and bad customer service dealing directly with Ciener.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Even though AA recommends Rem GB and CCI MM I have shot a myriad of .22lr rounds of different manufacture and have only had 2 FTE in over 1000 rounds. YMMV
The AA likes to be oiled.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
:thumbsup: On the AA kits. There are some ammo brands that AA recommended you don't shoot through their kits, with Remi GB and CCI Mini Mags the kit been flawless for me after 100+ rounds in one session. As the previous poster indicated these kits run better wet (oiled).

The hardest thing is finding them or ordering and then enduring the two or longer month wait.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
The AA kit is good enough I gave mine a dedicated frame!

·
Registered
237 Posts
:thumbsup: On the AA kits. There are some ammo brands that AA recommended you don't shoot through their kits, with Remi GB and CCI Mini Mags the kit been flawless for me after 100+ rounds in one session. As the previous poster indicated these kits run better wet (oiled).

The hardest thing is finding them or ordering and then enduring the two or longer month wait.
I just ordered one for my G-32 and I was told that there are more than 100 orders ahead of me. I will consider myself lucky if I get it before the end of the year.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I just ordered one for my G-32 and I was told that there are more than 100 orders ahead of me. I will consider myself lucky if I get it before the end of the year.
For those who haven't bought yet, check the dealer page. You might be able to get your hands on a kit without waiting for months by checking with the local AA dealer or by buying from someone who is selling the kit on used. Check the AA Dealer page dealer page for local dealers. I picked up a kit from a local dealer, thank the stars. Wasn't cheap but at least I laid my hands on one kit and am shooting it at the range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
AA all the way. I use mine on a G22. Could have bought another handgun for the price but I have not regretted it at all. Shoots Rem GB just fine. Cheap shooting for plinking and practice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone tried changing out the sights on the AA kit? Looking into ordering one and want to change the sights out to match my others.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
If you purchase the LEO Kit you can change out the sights.
The Target Kit has the front sight as part of the slide and you can only change the rear sight.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts

·
Batman w/ Guns
359 Posts
Anybody have an AA kit backordered? Just wondering where and the approx. wait they gave you...

I'm thinking about putting one on backorder.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
I have the AA conversion kit, LEO for my G17 and I love it. I feel like a kid at Christmas! It's so easy and cheap to shoot for practice. I almost wish I could shoot an Indoor or outdoor GSSF match with it, but I know that's not possible, but it's cool. I use the CCi Mini-Mags with no problem and I bought extra mags. I have five in all. I have used the CCI Standard, and it uses them with no hiccups, but the slide won't go back on the last shot as with the Mini-Mags it does. With the price of ammon these days, I'm going to practice with my .22 kit instead of using 9's. I don't know about any backorder, because I have had mine for awhile, so it was easy to get.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Anybody have an AA kit backordered? Just wondering where and the approx. wait they gave you...

I'm thinking about putting one on backorder.
I ordered one from AA on April 20th, still waiting. By the time I get it, I will probably just sell it "new in box" because I bought a .22LR gun since.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
My question is, has it helped your shooting when firing the gun with the regular barrel and amunition(9mm, .40, .45, etc)?

Yes it helps a lot.

Dry firing helps a lot too, but with the conversion kit you get some feedback.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts