Glock reliability.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1187mg, Jun 6, 2020.

1. 1187mg

1187mg

Went and shot a while yesterday. People to the left of me were shooting cheap steel like me. They had trouble cycling and light primer strikes too.

I could fire them and cycle them just fine.

Two guys were shooting to the right of me and they had a bunch of pistols. Seemed like they were the ones people would buy if they jump around a lot trying to find the latest and greatest. One of them they had to just put up because it quit functioning and the other one you had to rack the slide every time to shoot.

To be fair I do not know any of their cleaning habits or anything on the firearms.

What I do know is I have had one malfunction in over a thousand rounds in my Glock I bought used. It was the ammos fault to I think.

Long story short I will stick with my Glock and I love the reliability!

2. CC Glock

CC Glock

I have had a handful of glocks over the last 10 or so years and I can count the malfunctions I have had on 1 hand! Keep slinging lead!

snowbird.40 and 1187mg like this.

3. stonesfan99

stonesfan99

From all the tactical schools I've seen here and there, almost all of them recommend the Glock because they just keep banging away and they are affordable. I want to get one simply because I am tired of tinkering with 1911s.

4. Nick B

Nick B

I shoot Glocks, HK’s, Sigs, Beretta’s. I can’t remember ever having a malfunction with any of them but I only use quality ammo .
    Had a few with my 1911 using light target loads but after switching to a lighter recoil spring it’s been 100% since then .

GotWhatINeed, sigp6, Quijibo and 3 others like this.
  5. Will-21

Will-21 You Breed 'Em, YOU Feed 'Em!

My Gen 3 G19 has been spectacular. Kind of migrated to the G19 full time after being a .45 guy for 40 years.

Attached Files:

glide, skorzeny, 1187mg and 1 other person like this.
  6. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

I'm in the same boat.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

1187mg and Will-21 like this.
  7. Dafrank

Dafrank

I have had 5 Glocks over the last 5 years. One, my G30, had some constant BTF issues (sold it), but shot just fine otherwise. Another, my current EDC, my Glock 43X, had some "teething" issues for the first 300 rounds, but, after that, it has been flawless with absolutely no malfunction of any kind. As with any pistol, it's always best to shoot a lot of rounds through it before you decide to carry it, not just use it at the range. Following the first 300, I had about 600 further perfect rounds fired before I started carrying my 43X. My two G19's (gen 4 and 5) have run perfectly from the git go, and my 19X the same. Overall, I do trust my life to these pistols, and they have been good.

snowbird.40 and 1187mg like this.
  8. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Ive had a g19 gen 4, a 43x, and a gen 5 g45 mos.
    19 had a lot of feeding issues not going into battery. Glock sent new recoil spring and solved issue.
    The 43x has been 100 percent.
    The 45 is reliable but shoots low. Its having new sights installed currently.

1187mg and Will-21 like this.
  9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

My Glocks have been flawless.

10. venenoindy

venenoindy

I been using Glock for a long time and at this time Glock is what keeps me safe, Glock is not perfect as I had experienced some issues.

1187mg likes this.
  11. GlockyQ

GlockyQ Custom Title

My gen 2 G19 have only experienced a few malfunctions with cheap reloads from questionable source over the three decades.
    My gen 3 G26 has never had a single malfunction since I bought it brand new over 20 some years.
    I’ve shot 2,700 rounds of cheap TuLAmmo through my G43 (with MagGuts+1 and Pearce +1) and haven’t had a single malfunction.

No, Glocks are not perfect. But they are darn reliable, for sure.

snowbird.40 likes this.
  12. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

All of my Glocks have been reliable....but so have my Kimbers, Colts, Sigs, H&Rs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, ATIs, Desert Eagles, Remingtons, RIAs, Springfields, MACs and even my Tauruses. I don't own any problem firearms. Never have.

Quijibo likes this.
  13. Kentucky fan

Kentucky fan

My glocks and m&p 2.0s are supremely reliable.

14. chillaxing

chillaxing

I think one of the testament of how reliable a gun is is how it chews up what ever ammo you throw at it.

Couple weeks ago we went out to the desert with a bunch of friends. We had an assortment of firearms various brands ammo from factoty to reloads from different places to steel case. Needless to say my g26 and g19 ate it all up with no hiccups. My brothes's sig 2022 on the other hand... didn't like reloads.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  15. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

16. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

I have had zero issues with any of my Glocks. Aside from the stainless steel guide rod in my G30, they are all bone stock and I stay away from sub-standard ammo.
    I appreciate being able to have a very high level of confidence in their functionality.

17. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

I've never had a Gen 3 that wasn't perfect when it comes to reliability. Now, Gen 4's, I won't own another. Every one had issues for me. Beretta's, Sigs, and S&W M&P's and Shields have been very reliable as well.

18. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Quality ammo is probably the most overlooked factor when it comes to reliability.
    9mm is probably the most popular caliber on the planet, I would think... and most people choose the cheapest ammo available, for various reasons (budget or sheer volume being fired)
    I've owned and trained with most major defensive pistols and rarely have a problem when using quality ammo.
    (side note: I think that Glock makes the best magazine in the business... which also leads to reliability)

glock1097 and snowbird.40 like this.
  19. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

I've had more Glocks than any other maker and only one I ever had any issue with is my (now my daughters) G19. It had very erratic ejection, and BTFs a few times per mag. It took a while, and a couple aftermarket parts, but we pretty much eliminated the BTF. It still sputters brass but at least they aren't threatening an eyeball impact in an sd situation.
    Going back 35+ years I've had at least one copy from just about every popular maker out there and I've only had issues with a few:
    My Kahr CM40 would not go fully into battery about 1 or two rounds per mag. Tight chamber. Ran a couple hundy rounds, polished the chamber a bit and it runs just dandy.
    My first S&W 629 broke it's hand (the pawl that rotates the cylinder) first round fired. A new $6 part and I never had another issue.
    My first 10mm was an EAA Witness and I couldn't get through a full mag without some kind of hiccup. I bought a few (expensive) mags because I was told they were a known issue and still, no joy. A friend of mine, determined to fix it, saved it from being "hammer modded", talked me out of it. Last time he brought it up, he still had it, it was better, but still untrustworthy. I think he gave up but doesn't want to admit it since he won't bring it to the range.
    I'm not a huge fan of Glocks. They're fugly and the grip angle is stupid. But, they are the only thing I carry..... Ok, the grip angle ain't so bad after a couple trips to the range.

snowbird.40 likes this.
  20. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

My only Glock problem is my G41 throws brass to my face, forehead & over the head. Ammo brand or type doesn't matter, neither do mags or grip.