Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
That's not surprising.

It just sucks that they sold you the pistol as new.
Maybe they never said new maybe I didn’t asked and just assumed I guess. It’s a small shop. How it went was I walked in, drooled over a few guns looked at em then (after visiting a handful of other shops this same day) & just said let’s roll with it. Guess since it’s custom I should’ve paid a bit more attention. I not overly pressed about it was more curious than anything. They were closed today and tomorrow I think but I’ll speak to them this week. People buy used guns all the time, at least this 1 got new components. It actually looks much better than some new SIGs I buy.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Was it sold to you as a new Glock refurbished gun, or as a used customized gun?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Started as a rebuilt glock, LGS added a bunch of aftermarket parts and then sold it to you. I'm not against aftermarket triggers but as soon as I see gold pins I am out. The more aftermarket stuff the more that can go wrong. I do extended oem everything and then something like a johnny glock trigger. Glock would NEVER sell a gun with these parts in it. I would try and take it back which they may or may not allow you to do.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The gold or yellow label and the product SKU number add up to a factory refurbished pistol. When it shipped from Glock, all parts would be OEM and not what you received. If you paid a fair price and are happy shoot it and enjoy. You can always revert back to OEM parts.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I had a rebuilt by Glock. Never a problem. Got it pretty cheap… back in the time. Worked as well as any new Glock I ever had. Not sure if you want to trust anything someone else worked on unless they are factory certificated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Was it sold to you as a new Glock refurbished gun, or as a used customized gun?
I had a rebuilt by Glock. Never a problem. Got it pretty cheap… back in the time. Worked as well as any new Glock I ever had. Not sure if you want to trust anything someone else worked on unless they are factory certificated.
It was certified Glock armorers.

·
Registered
872 Posts
It was certified Glock armorers.
I don't think Glock, Inc will like the fact that a "Glock Certified Armorer" is replacing OEM parts with aftermarket non-Glock parts in what appears to be advertised as an "official" capacity. Of course they probably have the skill and knowledge to do so, but I just don't see Glock condoning such practice.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Did you really think it was new with all that junk on it? I see evidence of usage just from your pictures.

Stains on the slide dude. Who would put all that crap on the gun and not shoot it? Can't believe you didn't ask questions at the store.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Facts are coming out in dribs and drabs as the story is told. Unless the salesperson expressly said it was a gun direct from a rebuild at glock, with all the gold parts, there was no reason to understand this gun was from glock in the condition it was in. Caveat emptor applies to guns as well as horses.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Update:
I call and spoke to the armorer today about the firearm. He stated to me distributors (and or stores) can send a firearm back to Glock due to cosmetic defects. Glock will “fix” this or refinish or whatever needs to be done I am not sure. Then he buys from Glock and can resale them with or without his parts. He states it typically not a gun that has been fired or even had the internals replaced. Now how he would be so sure of that unless Glock tells him I don’t know.

·
I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
1,450 Posts
Update:
I call and spoke to the armorer today about the firearm. He stated to me distributors (and or stores) can send a firearm back to Glock due to cosmetic defects. Glock will “fix” this or refinish or whatever needs to be done I am not sure. Then he buys from Glock and can resale them with or without his parts. He states it typically not a gun that has been fired or even had the internals replaced. Now how he would be so sure of that unless Glock tells him I don’t know.
The armorer has no way of knowing why your pistol originally went back to Glock. Fortunately, it doesn't really matter. Rebuilt pistols can have minor cosmetic detractions if you want to look hard enough (heck, "new" Glock pistols often do as well) but it's my understanding that Glock replaces every small part as a matter of course and will refinish the slide and barrel as needed. It will be just as functional as any other Glock once it goes out the door again... and it will look like any other Glock within a few hundred rounds anyway.

Rebuilds are cheaper than new pistols, so it makes sense that your shop would get one as a base for a custom pistol. It's true that rebuilds carry the same warranty as non-rebuilts, but that doesn't extend to pistols that have been extensively modified, whether sold as new or rebuilt. If you were to send your pistol as-is into Glock for some warranty issue, it may or may not (more likely) come back with that trigger and those pins. On the flip side, Glocks are easy to swap parts on (it's one of the benefits of the design).

Unless it's just a range toy, I tend to stay away from aftermarket parts that interact with making the gun go bang, but that's me.

As far as why there are no rebuild markings, I don't know. There's really no point to the markings in the first place and maybe Glock came to the same conclusion. It's not like somebody would go to the trouble to fake a rebuilt case label. Rebuilds go for cheaper than new. If I'm going to go to the trouble to fake a case label, it's going to be for a new pistol.

Enjoy your pistol.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The armorer has no way of knowing why your pistol originally went back to Glock. Fortunately, it doesn't really matter. Rebuilt pistols can have minor cosmetic detractions if you want to look hard enough (heck, "new" Glock pistols often do as well) but it's my understanding that Glock replaces every small part as a matter of course and will refinish the slide and barrel as needed. It will be just as functional as any other Glock once it goes out the door again... and it will look like any other Glock within a few hundred rounds anyway.

Rebuilds are cheaper than new pistols, so it makes sense that your shop would get one as a base for a custom pistol. It's true that rebuilds carry the same warranty as non-rebuilts, but that doesn't extend to pistols that have been extensively modified, whether sold as new or rebuilt. If you were to send your pistol as-is into Glock for some warranty issue, it may or may not (more likely) come back with that trigger and those pins. On the flip side, Glocks are easy to swap parts on (it's one of the benefits of the design).

Unless it's just a range toy, I tend to stay away from aftermarket parts that interact with making the gun go bang, but that's me.

As far as why there are no rebuild markings, I don't know. There's really no point to the markings in the first place and maybe Glock came to the same conclusion. It's not like somebody would go to the trouble to fake a rebuilt case label. Rebuilds go for cheaper than new. If I'm going to go to the trouble to fake a case label, it's going to be for a new pistol.

Enjoy your pistol.
agreed.
Same warranty and like I said if it wasn’t for the box label I wouldn’t have known since there are no markings on the weapon either.
And if I wanted to send it to SIG sure I can order the parts and do a quick replacement in 30 minutes to an hour to send back if need be. 🙂

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive exterior Nail clipper Car

Mark of the REBUILT……finally got an opportunity to snap a pic of 2 of my rebuilt glocks showing the “7” mark on the frame.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts