Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
It may have been rebuilt by GLOCK when the factory put the rebuilt label but it has since been molested with aftermarket parts either by the LGS or the former owner who consigned it to the LGS for sale.
I agree with this. Glock did not put those gold parts in that gun.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Never heard of a Glock rebuild, but from the comments here it sounds like it’s legit. Obviously the previous owner or shop added all of the aftermarket parts. Not my thing, but if it functions fine and you’re happy with it, I don’t see any issue. Be safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I agree with this. Glock did not put those gold parts in that gun.
lol no one is saying Glock did… if that was how my original post is being read then that’s incorrect.
I am asking how can I be sure it’s a factory rebuild besides the silly label on the box.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
There’s nothing wrong with a GLOCK Rebuilt at all.
It didn’t come right from the factory and had to go back anyways or was a trade in of some sort I am guessing. Not sure what it entails will have to research more.

I am guessing no 1 can tell if it wasn’t for the box…

I don’t have this 7 stamped on mine either…

Font Gadget Communication Device Screenshot Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Here’s an interesting article about GLOCK labels. This is from 2019 so the labels possibly have changed. You can call GLOCK and ask them about the label and whatnot.

·
Registered
363 Posts
lol no one is saying Glock did… if that was how my original post is being read then that’s incorrect.
I am asking how can I be sure it’s a factory rebuild besides the silly label on the box.
You can always call Glock and ask, but... it doesn't really matter now since it's been molested. There's no telling what's in there now. Trigger spring, firing pin safety spring, firing pin spring, connector, etc. All are question marks at this point. If you wanted a custom Glock, that's what you got. If you wanted a factory rebuilt Glock, you didn't get that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Under normal circumstances, Glock rebuilds are a great find. You save money, they are serviced to like new condition with major parts replaced and they are all carefully inspected. They get better quality control than a brand new Glock prior to going out. Often they are glocks that were used for display. They are not just used glocks. Factory rebuilds are like new.

all that being said, I feel the armorer should have been more clear with you. And you certainly should not have paid the same as if you got those customized parts put on a brand new glock. You should have gotten about 100 off what would have cost for a new Glock with those upgrades. As far as the bling. Whatever makes you happy and goes bang when you want it to.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Under normal circumstances, Glock rebuilds are a great find. You save money, they are serviced to like new condition with major parts replaced and they are all carefully inspected. They get better quality control than a brand new Glock prior to going out. Often they are glocks that were used for display. They are not just used glocks. Factory rebuilds are like new.

all that being said, I feel the armorer should have been more clear with you. And you certainly should not have paid the same as if you got those customized parts put on a brand new glock. You should have gotten about 100 off what would have cost for a new Glock with those upgrades. As far as the bling. Whatever makes you happy and goes bang when you want it to.
100% agree with this.
I feel these are similar to new and you’re right better quality control. Hope mine was just a display Glock.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
My guess it was rebuilt then someone added the non OEM parts. You can replace them if you want an all original gun. Not too expensive to go back stock. Glock rebuilt would t bother me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
——>

Ok I may have to update the original post.
I knew I was buying a custom gun. I wanted a Glock and went to a shop that had them. What I was a bit unsure about was the reconditioned part which I didn’t find out until after the fact. All in all it may not have been that big a deal. Seems like it’s better than new anyhow.
Minus all the custom parts which I understand, people buy trade and sell used guns all the time. This one came with the custom parts, looks better than new, functions perfectly (so it seems), so I’m not unhappy with it. Think I’m more displeased to find out that it was not new.
but as I said if I didn’t see the case and label as if they wouldn’t ordered a new box I would have NEVER known!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
No way Glock would put all that yellow stuff on there, every Glock I’ve ever gotten with a rebuilt tag on it is all factory stuff with the exception of one I got with a NY trigger that was installed by them

·
troy ounce gold
1,597 Posts
If the serial number on the rebuild label matches the serial number on the frame, slide and barrel then the gun was rebuilt by the GLOCK factory. The non-OEM parts and additions were not done during the factory rebuild.

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Yup, they should have told you that. Glock does not rebuild with aftermarket parts, only Glock OEM parts. They took advantage of a newbie. You should go back and say I want a brand new OEM Glock for the same money.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Is there an echo in here? Dang! No, Glock wouldn't put those aftermarket parts in there. I think we've established that a time or 8. Other than that, if the price was right, and you like the non factory parts... Rock on. The internals you've posted pictures of look brand new.

·
Registered
17, 19, 20, 26, 29, 43
59 Posts

41 - 60 of 76 Posts