Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Florist
20,330 Posts
As others already said, sounds like the LGS ordered/received a Rebuilt gun from Glock, the LGS's armorer threw in some aftermarket parts and sold it to you.

Reactions: SIGTitan

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
As far as genuine GLOCK rebuilt guns go, I have never had a a problem…..and have 3 of them. Back in the era of the “evil features law” , rebuilt Glocks were sent back with high cap mags…….and I had a dealer who wasn’t stripping them out to sell on the side, so was buying all factory rebuilds at one time…..better price and high caps.

Agree with what others have said…….LGS received a rebuilt glock……added aftermarket parts and upped the price. All the while, mis-representing the entire package as part of the factory Glock rebuild process. Factory rebuilds come back with Glock OEM parts ONLY……All glock does is inspect gun for damage, replace springs and any parts showing apparent wear. That’s it……no fancy add one that aren’t OEM.

PS: The original rebuilt glock with all OEM parts is fully covered by the warranty. However, once modified, warranty is voided :

Limitations of Warranty
The warranty will be void if any of the following occur:
  1. The instructions in the Instructions for Use manual are not followed;
  2. Your GLOCK pistol or any of its parts are altered or modified from their original state;
  3. Damage is caused by misuse, abuse or improper maintenance;
  4. Your pistol is disassembled beyond the instruction in Chapter 9 of the Instructions for Use manual; or
  5. Reloaded, remanufactured, or handloaded ammunition, or ammunition of a different caliber than your GLOCK pistol is used.
So, it depends if they sold you the pistol as “fully warrantied” and claimed it was new, if so they were being a bit less than honest. Now I went back, you didn’t state they actually told you is was under warranty, only the work done by a certified glock armorer. You noted rebuilt as you exited so you do have a beef there, mainly relative to price. So if they didn’t make the warranty claim, and you are ok with the price you for a rebuilt plus mods, and you don’t care about the warranty……no problem. Like I said, some of my first glocks were rebuilt, still shoot fine, no problems after many years and rounds.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I realize Glock wouldn’t add any aftermarket parts.
My whole thing is how can I verify it’s rebuilt besides the label.
there’s also no stamp on the barrel, no 7/8/5 or whatever number it’s supposed to be.

My 2nd question with this gun being rebuilt it could just be a trade in and they just checked for wear and damage and then an armorer purchased and customized and sold it? It’s a 19 Gen 5 MOS.

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
If pistol is rebuilt by Glock, the barrel will be spotless and serial number on barrel will match pistol

·
Thread Killer
2,456 Posts
This isn't even a question. This is not a factory rebuilt gun.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
If pistol is rebuilt by Glock, the barrel will be spotless and serial number on barrel will match pistol
Thing is why would I be missing that number on the inside of the grip module?
I’ll check the barrel and pistol and we if they match.

·
just me
8,198 Posts
factory rebuilt should have a number on the inside of the dust cover ..

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Unless it came stock in a rebuilt condition, I would have left it laying.

Unfortunately, you are now hung with it and all the aftermarket goodies it was packed and loaded up with. So it's a crapshoot whether it'll work reliably or not.

I'm thinking this armorer likely wanted the Glock factory parts and switched them out with some Bubba junk.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)

Unfortunately, you are now hung with it and all the aftermarket goodies it was packed and loaded up with. So it's a crapshoot whether it'll work reliably or not.

I'm thinking this armorer likely wanted the Glock factory parts and switched them out with some Bubba junk.
The only parts that changed are the pins (extended control kit) I can get those replaced from Glock for under $100. Probably well under.
A 507c and TLR8 are also far from junk.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Maybe but some gold pins and a new trigger should fine for any gunsmith.
the Holoson 507k and TLR8 were bonus options I thought at least.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Maybe but some gold pins and a new trigger should fine for any gunsmith.
the Holoson 507k and TLR8 were bonus options I thought at least.
How much was this contraption?

I'm guessing the armorer took a $450 Glock and got over $600 out of it, got rid of a few extra parts and scored some Glock parts to boot.

What a deal (for the armorer).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
How much was this contraption?

I'm guessing the armorer took a $450 Glock and got over $600 out of it, got rid of a few extra parts and scored some Glock parts to boot.

What a deal (for the armorer).
Got a point about them keeping the stock parts.
I should have asked for those back. 😂

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The way I see it is if it functions and you are happy with it, enjoy it. There are some options to restore it to stock parts, but that might not be necessary at this point. You can always change parts to GLOCK OEM parts over time. But like I said, if it functions properly, enjoy it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The way I see it is if it functions and you are happy with it, enjoy it. There are some options to restore it to stock parts, but that might not be necessary at this point. You can always change parts to GLOCK OEM parts over time. But like I said, if it functions properly, enjoy it.
Exactly what I am going to do. Shoot the hell out of it.
Doesn’t seem like a Glock Rebuilt is that bad anyways.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts