Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I purchased a Glock.
Seeming new that had a lot of custom parts by a Glock Armorer.
When they handed me the case the gun said rebuilt.
I walked back into the store and asked they said because they build Glocks and all that’s it certified through Glock & carries the rebuilt tag because the parts are changed… Is that correct? or did they just sell me a rebuilt handgun?
Revolver Trigger Air gun Sleeve Camouflage

——> Update:
I call and spoke to the armorer today about the firearm. He stated to me distributors (and or stores) can send a firearm back to Glock due to cosmetic defects. Glock will “fix” this or refinish or whatever needs to be done I am not sure. Then he buys from Glock and can resale them with or without his parts. He states it typically not a gun that has been fired or even had the internals replaced. Now how he would be so sure of that unless Glock tells him I don’t know.

·
Director of civil unrest
11,130 Posts
So is it a GLOCK or is it one of those Tiffany's guns with all the bling on it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is it a GLOCK or is it one of those Tiffany's guns with all the bling on it?
Upgraded trigger. I can post some pix later. Kind of surprised at this. I’ll be calling them as I didn’t realize this until after the purchase.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Factory rebuilt (ie) refurbished means the pistol went back to the Glock factory once upon a time, and was thoroughly inspected and anything worn or out dated was replaced by Glock at the factory.
I have a couple like that, when I got them, they appeared "as new".
None had any "custom parts" in them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bumper Automotive design Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior Office supplies

So I have the orange rebuilt tag on the box, but no stamp on my grip?
It appears to be some red stuff all over this gun or is that actual rust?
Finger Wood Fashion accessory Composite material Electric blue

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here’s a pic of the label… but as I said the grip is stock and there’s no stamp on the inside.

Leg Thigh Bumper Automotive tire Knee

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like they sold you a used gun.

A factory rebuilt Glock would have all oem parts.

The " red stuff" is an anti-sieze compound used for break in, don't remove it.
They built it with adding those parts on they told me that. Guess the only to know is to call Glock…

·
Registered
890 Posts
Factory rebuilt (ie) refurbished means the pistol went back to the Glock factory once upon a time, and was thoroughly inspected and anything worn or out dated was replaced by Glock at the factory.
I have a couple like that, when I got them, they appeared "as new".
None had any "custom parts" in them.
This. Unless there is something new going on, which I tend to doubt, I have never seen a Glock factory refurbished pistol done with anything other than OEM parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As far as I know, the “Rebuilt “ Glock’s are like the Sig CPO program guns, they’re LE or whatever that Glock refurbishes and sells used tagged REBUILT. IMO they lied to you and sold you a used gun. Just MO.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Or it started its recent iteration of life as ‘rebuilt’ by glock and from there a third party modified the rebuilt gun with a new trigger. factory did not add the custom trigger. Sounds like sold, but not necessarily used. Did you look for wear signs? Glock uses an orange lasting lube on new guns, but i can’t recall seeing it on the inside of slide rails.

·
troy ounce gold
1,609 Posts
It may have been rebuilt by GLOCK when the factory put the rebuilt label but it has since been molested with aftermarket parts either by the LGS or the former owner who consigned it to the LGS for sale.

·
NRA Life Member
68,271 Posts
So I purchased a Glock.
I walked back into the store and asked they said because they build Glocks and all that’s it certified through Glock & carries the rebuilt tag because the parts are changed… Is that correct? or did they just sell me a rebuilt handgun?
Was the price right for a rebuilt gun? The Holosun is extra, so you can expect that to raise the price by $300 or so, but otherwise I wouldn't pay a bonus for the gun. Maybe $750-850 in today's market, depending on how much you like the aftermarket parts they added.

The orange label Glocks are factory refurbished used guns with original GLOCK parts. I would say what they are telling you is that started with a refurbished Glock with an orange label, because those would be much cheaper than a new one, then their certified Glock armorer swapped out parts for the aftermarket junk that people like to call "custom" and they racked up a nice profit, while selling you a story that's "kind of " true-ish and kind of BS.

Just my bets guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I purchased a Glock.
Yes, they sold you a used gun. Meaning that the gun was transferred to a consumer (agency or individual) at some point in the past, then returned to Glock Inc., who rebuilt it.

·
Registered
15,462 Posts
Yes, they sold you a used gun. Meaning that the gun was transferred to a consumer (agency or individual) at some point in the past, then returned to Glock Inc., who rebuilt it.
And then, AFTER that, the gunshop added a bunch of aftermarket parts, which takes away from any sort of warranty support imparted by the " rebuilt" tag from the factory.

They were less than scrupulous, if the OP'Ss telling is accurate.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man that’s crazy! I’ll have to give them a call. I’ll call then in a little bit.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Man that’s crazy! I’ll have to give them a call. I’ll call then in a little bit.
the only items that are questionable in your narrative is them telling you the gun is ’certified’, and who added parts? The rest appears to be straightforward, a glock rebuild with non glock, subsequently, added parts, but by whom? Dealer or seller to dealer? Does glock ‘certify’ a gun or does it warranty a rebuilt gun. Is this gun as bought by you warranted by glock? By the dealer? Was that the wd used or something else? For the price, you may have bought a good, refurbed gun, with a value in after mkt parts, or maybe not? did the dealer or a person who sold the gun tomthe dealer add parts (in other words, a used gun…not just rebuilt). Can u tell us what the add ons are and what you pd? All the facts not on the table yet?

·
MacGyver
8,093 Posts
Overthinking this.
That looks like a factory label.

Your next project is to shoot thousands of dollars worth of ammo through it, in your futile attempt to break it.

·
Registered
15,462 Posts
Overthinking this.
That looks like a factory label.

Your next project is to shoot thousands of dollars worth of ammo through it, in your futile attempt to break it.
It's a factory rebuild that then wound up in this dealer's hands, and the dealer swapped in all sorts of aftermarket parts but continued to represent the pistol as a factory rebuild ( as an apparent selling point with all the attendant factory support intact) when in fact they had significantly altered the firearm.

It's a used gun with non-oem parts, and the dealer acting like it's anything but is shady, to say the least....

1 - 20 of 76 Posts