Glock rear sights

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by spmonkey2, Feb 25, 2010.

1. spmonkey2

spmonkey2

How many of yalls armorers adjust the rear sights when you get new glocks. I was at a training course at another dept and they adjusted them to the officers liking. My armorer is under the assumption that no adjustment needs to be done and that the Officers should learn to shoot with what they have. Which is right? and what do you do?

2. JTipper.45

JTipper.45

I try to work with the shooter first to eliminate all other causes for inacuracy, (flinching, milking, jerking ect). Only then do I look at adjusting the sights. Everyone always just assumes that if they fire a few round and they don't go where they want it to go its automaticly the weapons fault! Work everything out first then go to the sights.

3. ray9898

ray9898

If the gun is on then you leave it alone. Fix the shooter.

4. ML Roak

ML Roak

I've seen VERY few Glocks that don't shoot straight. But I've seen LOTS of people who shoot consistently left (or right if they are left handed) by not using their trigger finger properly.

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

My Glock 34 came from the factory with the OEM Trijicon night sights installed crooked. I looked at them over and over when I picked it up and it just didn't look right and I took it to the armorer who agreed so he tweaked them til it looked straight and I've shot fine with it since.

6. A6Gator

A6Gator

This. One of my buds just got a G17. After watching him put 200 rounds through it, with most of the rounds going left, watching his grip, trigger press, etc., I looked at the sights and the rear sight was pegged all the way to the left of the dovetail... Pushed it so there was equal space on each side of the sight in the slot and groups centered up.

7. David Armstrong

David Armstrong

First you make sure it isn't a shooter problem, then you adjust the sights. I've found a number of Glocks with the rear sight a bit too far to the left.

8. shootindave

shootindave

All three glocks I have bought required a slight movement of the rear sight to the right. Maybe its me...... I dont know. But it works..... shoot 100% everytime.

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Unless the sight is obviously off, like it was with mine. I am not going to adjust my shooting to crooked sights.