close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Rails

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dday27, May 17, 2007.

1. dday27

dday27

Just wondering about the 2 styles of rails on the Glock 21sf, Glock rail or picatinny, Pros and cons on both?

2. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:) Well, I guess somebody should answer you! So, why don't I try:

The G-21SF comes with a choice of two different dust covers: One is fitted with a Picatinny rail which accommodates MIL-STD-1913 accessories. Many Weaver accessories will mount to a Picatinny rail; but, none will do it solidly; and, a Picatinny accessory will (usually) not fit onto a Weaver rail.

The other dust cover is the normal Glock, 'universal' design. You will be limited in your choice of holsters if you choose the Picatinny design. Be aware that the universal design will certainly mount any of the usual items you might hang on a Glock's dust cover.

Personally, I strongly suspect the G-21SF with a Picatinny rail is going to rapidly disappear. It was brought into existence in order to fulfill the preliminary specifications of a now defunct military proposal. Whether or not the military will revive this proposal is anybody's guess? Right now it doesn't look like it, though.

There may be a place in the consumer market for a, 'short frame' Model G-21. How well this new frame will catch on and how many Glock will sell, also, remains to be seen. ;)

If you're really interested in this subject, here's more from Brownells:
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/GunTech/NewsletterArchive.aspx?p=0&t=2&i=558