close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by diamondmike, Sep 15, 2004.

1. diamondmike

diamondmike

I have a question reguarding Glocks firing pin workings.

Does Glock have the striker system to wear the gun is always in the fully cocked position kinda like a sling shot being pulled back?

If so how long can you keep a round in the chamber in the fully cocked position before you need to change the firing pin spring to be sure that the spring has not got weak causing the firing pin not to hit the primers hard enough to explode the bullet?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I know of no one that has ever worn out a spring by keeping a round chambered. My G26 has been chambered since December 1996 and works just fine every time I pull the trigger.

3. VN350X10

VN350X10

I have a friend in Germany that is in private security, after retiring from GSG9 (anti-terrorist unit). In a discussion of Glock durability & life expectancy, he's related the following statistics. The GS'boys have a G17 with over 2 MILLION rds (of course it's documented...they ARE Germans!) that's been used as a carry pistol for the officer of the day for training since day 1. Their preventive maintainence consists of replacing all springs every 50,000 rds, needed or not,cleaning once a month, & in general trying to break it !

Somehow, I don't think you have much to worry about, keeping it loaded.

shoot safe!

uncle albert