GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I got a muzzle brake for my glock 17 lg match threaded barrel and the guy I ordered it from on eBay said that the crusher is meant to sort of cave in when the muzzle brake is put on. He said it can move as muchas 27" degrees. Well without torquing the mule brake is about 50 degrees off center to the left and now it's almost half way to the middle bottom after I tried to put it on.

My question is this safe for my barrel as in will it be damaged and same for the barrel. Number two I need to be able to get some leverage so is there a vice block for a glock barrel? And my final question is is do I really need to torque it that much? Can I use spacers and lock tight?

I did forgot the grease the threads so right now I put the brake and barrel into some oil.

Also without the magazine out why does the slide release catch on the slide when I pull the slide back with the Original barrel? With the threaded match barrel the slide release won't catch the slide with the mag out.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Welcome to Glock Talk.

I suggest that you read what you wrote, then edit your post to correct the several errors that right now make your post unintentionally humorous, unclear, and difficult to interpret?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Glock Talk.

I suggest that you read what you wrote, then edit your post to correct the several errors that right now make your post unintentionally humorous, unclear, and difficult to interpret?
For some reason I can't edit the post. Click thread tools and nothing happens.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
General, why are you using a muzzle break on a 9mm? The G17L just doesn't generate that much recoil even for an USPSA Open Division Major 9 gun. There are 2 ways to mount the compensator on any barrel. Torque it down to the recommended value for the thread size, note the index position and then machine the back face to match (best way). Easy way, just use shims.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts